Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Someone help separating editions?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andréa (new)

Andréa Fekete | 2 comments I'm sorry to reach out only to make one post. I hope it's not rude, but I emailed Help and the reply was "there will be a delay" because of Covid, I'd say. I was going to do a giveaway and so, I'd like to have the mistake I made fixed and from what I read, 'Authors cannot separate editions once combined." Don't ask how (I don't know) but I managed to combine a book I edited with a novel I wrote. I need them separated and can't. Can someone please help? There are two editions of Waters Run Wild (my novel, the newer one has new chapters) and two editions of an anthology I edited that has 70 contributors called Feminine Rising. I somehow managed to add Waters Run Wild to Feminine Rising and now Waters doesn't even appear as a separate book. HELP!!! I was going to do a giveaway of Waters Run Wild. If the question isn't appropriate for the group, just delete and disregard. I' new to these groups. Thanks so much. Andrea Fekete https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1609 comments I have the separated the works. It might take a couple of days for the reviews/ratings to completely separate (there is a bit of a cache delay).

message 3: by Andréa (new)

Andréa Fekete | 2 comments Thank you so much!. THANK YOU. I'd been sitting here an hour practically banging my head on this keyboard.

message 4: by Joe (new)

Joe Mahoney (ilanderz) | 11 comments Hi... I have a similar problem. I hope this is an okay place to ask.

I tried to merge multiple editions of my two separate books (A Time and a Place and Other Times and Places). My intention was to merge all editions of A Time and a Place into one currently viable edition because I noticed some older editions were directing people to retailers that no longer carried any version. It seemed to make sense to merge multiple copies of my other book Other Times and Places as well.

The way the tool is laid out led me to believe that editions of A Time and a Place would be combined with one another and (completely separately) editions of Other Times and Places would be combined with one another.

Unfortunately, I seem to have somehow merged A Time and a Place with Other Times and Places.

If someone could unmerge A Time and a Place and Other Times and Places (but keep separate editions of each book merged) I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Joe

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21475 comments Joe wrote: "Hi... I have a similar problem. I hope this is an okay place to ask.

I tried to merge multiple editions of my two separate books (A Time and a Place and Other Times and Places). My intention was ..."

When you use the combine page, anything you check off will be combined.

I have separated these books.

message 6: by Joe (new)

Joe Mahoney (ilanderz) | 11 comments Thank you!

message 7: by E.S. (new)

E.S. Hazard (eshazard) | 2 comments Librarians,
I goofed. I combined two different books under one book.
There should be two different books
1. Foreshadow, The Great Seer

Foreshadow, The Great Seer

2. Witchcraft, Premonitions & the Emerald Globe Caper
Witchcraft, Premonitions & the Emerald Globe Caper

There are 2 different covers for each one. Please use the covers referenced above.

I apologize for goofing this up. Thank you for fixing this for me.

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21475 comments E.S. wrote: "Librarians,
I goofed. I combined two different books under one book.
There should be two different books
1. Foreshadow, The Great Seer

Foreshadow, The Great Seer

2. Witchcraft, Premonitions &..."

done

message 9: by E.S. (new)

E.S. Hazard (eshazard) | 2 comments thanks again

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.