The Book Sisters Book Club discussion

Being Chatty > National Read a Book Day

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
I just saw that it's National Read a Book Day! What's everyone reading on this long holiday weekend?

message 2: by Rainey (new)

Rainey | 4 comments I haven’t read anything in 2 days!! Bah! Hoping to continue reading In a Holidaze tomorrow.

message 3: by Debbi (new)

Debbi Faust | 14 comments Chloe wrote: "I just saw that it's National Read a Book Day! What's everyone reading on this long holiday weekend?"

Yes, it is! I wanted to do just that all day but "real" life had different plans for me. I hope you enjoyed yourself, Chloe.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments I am finishing up The House in the Cerulean Sea and getting started with Get a Life, Chloe Brown.

message 5: by Chloe (new)

Rainey wrote: "I haven’t read anything in 2 days!! Bah! Hoping to continue reading In a Holidaze tomorrow."

The slump is real.
I got denied almost instantly for that one! haha!

message 6: by Chloe (new)

Debbi wrote: "Chloe wrote: "I just saw that it's National Read a Book Day! What's everyone reading on this long holiday weekend?"

Yes, it is! I wanted to do just that all day but "real" life had different plans..."

I hate it when life gets in the way of reading! haha. It was a good day but little reading was done :(

message 7: by Chloe (new)

Lisa wrote: "I am finishing up The House in the Cerulean Sea and getting started with Get a Life, Chloe Brown."

Ooh what did you think of it? I need to read Chloe Brown but I'm so nervous about the hype I think I'll wait a year until its calmed down lol.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments Chloe wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I am finishing up The House in the Cerulean Sea and getting started with Get a Life, Chloe Brown."

Ooh what did you think of it? I need to read Chloe B..."

I really liked The House on the Cerulean Sea. It was a mixture of sweet and funny, but sad and very timely as far as the way some treat others who are different than themselves.

message 9: by Readsandeats (new)

Readsandeats | 19 comments Lisa wrote: "I am finishing up The House in the Cerulean Sea and getting started with Get a Life, Chloe Brown."

Ok the title got me. Would you recommend it Lisa?

message 10: by Readsandeats (new)

Readsandeats | 19 comments We didn't have one either in the UK. Read thought that day, I honestly don't think there is a day goes by without me reading a book.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments Readsandeats wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I am finishing up The House in the Cerulean Sea and getting started with Get a Life, Chloe Brown."

Ok the title got me. Would you recommend it Lisa?"

Which title? House in the Cerulean sea was great! I absolutely recommend it. Get a life Chloe Brown is a fun read but spicier than I expected and I’m still reading that one.

message 12: by Krista (new)

Krista (booksandjams) | 4 comments I'm late and it's no longer the weekend, but I just finished The Last Year of the War and will be starting The Invention of Wings.

message 13: by April (new)

April (never2manybooks) | 3 comments I'm so late replying to this but I finished Summer at Hope Haven by Kristin Harper and Forgetting You by LA kacey this weekend both were 👍