The Secret Life of Mrs. London
This topic is about The Secret Life of Mrs. London

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 270 comments Mod
7 Secrets of THE SECRET LIFE OF MRS. LONDON
The Secret Life of Mrs. London by Rebecca Rosenberg
Secret #1: Who couldn’t you live without? (during the covid pandemic!)
Answer below to enter the drawing for 7 ebooks or paperbacks of THE SECRET LIFE OF MRS. LONDON (or my latest novel!)

Happy Labor Day Weekend! I’m Rebecca Rosenberg, novelist, and I live in Sonoma Valley, California where Jack London wrote from his famous Beauty Ranch. I have the pleasure of hosting this week and I have a lot of fun planned for us!
The two most famous American men of the early twentieth century were the Great Houdini, world-renown magician and escape artist, and, Jack London, the most popular and highest-paid author.
The biggest secret behind these men were their remarkable wives, Bessie Houdini and Charmian London. Without them, they would never have reached such tremendous heights of fame and glory.
This week, I’ll reveal the 7 astonishing secrets of the Houdinis and Londons, and, get to know you better! Every day I’ll read and discuss your answers to your secrets and draw a random winner for your choice of an ebook to THE SECRET LIFE OF MRS. LONDON or my latest novel.
If you join my mailing list, I’ll send you the opening chapters of my next two novels, about Champagne, and Gold! Sign up here: https://www.rebecca-rosenberg.com/ema...
So, please answer below: Who couldn’t you live without during this covid pandemic and why? Pictures count double!
Here’s more about THE SECRET LIFE OF MRS. LONDON available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Life-Mr...
I’ll start us off:
I could not live during the covid pandemic without my husband, Gary, who has kept me sane by exercising with me, gardening with me, listening to my rants and whims and brings me a glass of wine! We live in Sonoma wine country, and being in the country has made all the difference!

7 Secrets of THE SECRET LIFE OF MRS. LONDON
Secret #1, continued: Two of the most famous men of the twentieth century, Houdini and Jack London would not have “made it” without their wives.
How do I know? Their love letters. Houdini and Jack London wrote hundreds of love letters to their wives proclaiming their love.
WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU WROTE A LOVE LETTER? (please answer below)
Maybe it’s time to write one now, in this uncertain time!

One of Jack London’s love letters to Charmian: God knows I love you, my woman. I know it now, as never before. And I know, also, that I shall see until I die the picture of a woman’s gray form – stark against the black crowd – as she stood on the pier-end and kissed, and kissed, and kissed her lover goodbye. I see you now, as clearly as I saw you yesterday and it was better than the last kiss, my darling. It was you, all you & all abandon, there on the pier kissing your love to me.
And because you could not get the last kiss, no woman got the last kiss from me yesterday. I kissed George on the lips by the gang-planks. Dear Charmian, dear my own. I shall come back, & soon. And we shall be happy, so happy.

Amanda (drpowell) | 376 comments My niece Hayven. She has kept us all laughing even in the hard times.

message 3: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 270 comments Mod
So happy you have Hayven to lighten your days!