What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult fiction. Son raised by fisherman parents goes out on his own, goes to Washington state to fish, meets woman up a river in WA. Read in 2001.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JAMES (new)

JAMES KNOT | 3 comments Son of professional fisherman parents fed up with them leaves to make his own way. I recall he went to Washington state to fish. I read this in 2001. He meets a woman up a river in Washington. I recall his mother shot a dog to save her son.
Thank you, Jim

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
JAMES, what's the genre (which we need to add to the topic header/title) - e.g., adult or teen [YA] historical, adventure?

How old is the son? What's the time period?

message 3: by JAMES (new)

JAMES KNOT | 3 comments It is an adult book, it is the present day ~20 years ago. The son is about 21 years old. I recall the writing is like Trout fishing in America, funny, hip, bright. Thank you for asking

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Fiction or nonfiction?

message 5: by JAMES (new)

JAMES KNOT | 3 comments Thank you, I believe it is fiction.
James

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
I added a few details to the topic header/title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)