Self Published Fantasy Month discussion

The Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braids (Amra Thetys, #1)
Read-Along – Week 1 > Now That's A Cast – Lots of crucial moving pieces, don't you think?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justine (new) - added it

Justine (its_justine) | 38 comments Mod
As with its ample amount of city settings, there are lots of characters we meet within the first ~45 pages.

– Were there any that stood out most for you?
– Any you'd like to know more about?
– Do you think there's a particular person that will play a pivotal role in the outcome of the story?
– Who's your favorite, and why is it Bone?

message 2: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Aycock | 20 comments Mod
Besides wanting to know more about Amra I'd say the next two for me are the inspector and Holgren.

Who will play a pivotal role...I'd say all three of the above.

And Bone...poor bone...mourning for his human then beet by an old dude then knocked out by the constable. Poor dog. I feel like Bone is going to have to have a chance to gnaw and some baddie before it's all said and done.

message 3: by AB (new) - rated it 4 stars

AB | 11 comments Good thing Bone has a hard head, poor thing.

Beth Tabler (scottveg3) | 9 comments Mod
Bone needs a sweet dog house and a chew toy in the shape of a baddie.

Peyton | 15 comments Yes, Bone is my favorite character. Of course.

Holgren stood out most for me. He and Amra already have history and he’s offered to help her in several ways. It’ll be interesting to see how things play out with him. I suspect some romance.

I also think Estra will come up again. She seems interesting and is one of the people Amra showed the toad to so she could be an enemy.

I mostly want to get to know Amra and the people who killed Corbin.

message 6: by natrosette (new) - added it

natrosette | 6 comments I'm going to go along with almost everyone else and say that Holgren was the character that stood out most for me. I'd definitely like to know more about him and I expect he'll have a pretty big role to play.