8123 reading discussion

last good book you read

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Andrieto (camiafe) | 13 comments Mod
so guys, just to begin things here, what was the last good book you read?

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyamerica) | 2 comments The Silent Patient has probably been my favorite book so far I’ve read this year. So good!

message 3: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Steeves | 1 comments I just finished Act Like A Lady and it was so good! recently read Hood Feminism, which was super informative!!

message 4: by Lavin (new)

Lavin (lavinassad) | 16 comments Mod
I read The Toll by Neal Shusterman, third book in the series but definitely one of the best books I’ve read this year!

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 1 comments The last book I fished was Flowers in the Attic and Petals in the Wind by V.C. Andrews. They come 2 in 1 so it was long but worth it!

Currently in the middle of The Lost Husband! I watched the movie on Netflix and I want more details so I bought the book!

message 6: by Frankie (new)

Frankie (frankie13) | 13 comments Mod
I've just finished Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi- it was so good! Really cleverly put together.

message 7: by Camilla (new)

This year I've been reading lots of non-serious novels but The Boy Who Followed His Father Into Auschwitz was just so raw and emotional

message 8: by Bea (new)

Bea (findthecolor) | 4 comments The last book I gave five stars was The Dutch House by Ann Patchett, it is literary fiction and so well written!

message 9: by Laís (new)

Laís | 4 comments The last book I read was “Go set a Watchman” from Harper Lee (the same author from To Kill a mockingbird and the continuation)!
I really like it, the book tell the history 20 years after the the first one! It’s good for reflect how much things haven’t changed about racism!!

message 10: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 5 comments I just finished The Vanishing Half a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it!

message 11: by Lavin (new)

Just re-read The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater and it’s such a good series about friendship and magic. Definitely my favourite books by the author.

message 12: by Bea (new)

Bea (findthecolor) | 4 comments Lavin wrote: "Just re-read The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater and it’s such a good series about friendship and magic. Definitely my favourite books by the author."

I love The Raven Boys too, and I've been thinking for a while that I need to re-read them because it's been a while since I've read them!

message 13: by Frankie (new)

I have The Vanishing Half on my 'to read' pile, will have to give it a go!

Has anyone read Verity by Colleen Hoover?

message 14: by Camilla (new)

Frankie wrote: "I have The Vanishing Half on my 'to read' pile, will have to give it a go!

Has anyone read Verity by Colleen Hoover?"

I actually just heard of her but never got to read anything she wrote

message 15: by Frankie (new)

It's actually the only one of hers I've read, because I saw so many people in other groups talking about it. It is pretty disturbing in places just to warn you but honestly everyone seems to have a different theory about it, there's even a Facebook group to share them!

message 16: by Lavin (new)

I finished Educated by Tara Westover recently. It’s a memoir, which isn’t my usual genre, but it’s about a young woman who grew up in a Mormon family who were very removed from society, didn’t go to school, didn’t believe in conventional medicine etc. Kept me up until 6am because I really enjoyed it!