Play Book Tag discussion

September 2020: Other Books > Musical Chairs by Amy Poeppel, 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly R W (new)

Holly R W | 1397 comments "Musical Chairs" features Bridget, a classical cellist. On the surface, she seems to be a woman who has it all. She is beautiful, an accomplished musician and while not married, has a man who adores her and has shared a lifetime with her (Will). Yet, Bridget is going through a midlife crisis. Her trio has lost its violinist. Her country house/mansion is in serious disrepair. Her young adult twin children are each unhappy and have returned home to live with her. Her impetuous 90 year old father has decided to get married again and to travel the world with his bride.

With such interesting story lines, the book still fell flat for me. This was a summer time light read. With the exception of Bridget and Will, the other characters were not fully developed. I had to keep reminding myself who they were.

I had previously read the author's "Small Admissions," which I liked much better.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8876 comments Hmm - I had higher hopes for this....

message 3: by Holly R W (new)

Holly R W | 1397 comments Amy, I had higher hopes for it too. When I read others' reviews, I see that many people liked it better than I did. What can I say? You might like it better than me.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8876 comments We are pretty similar. You are my other twin these days..... But its not off my TBR yet....