The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > hiiii I'm Ainul

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Avid (new)

Avid Reader (thesadgirl) | 10 comments im still trying to figure out how to use this app/website, I'm hoping to find some bookworm friends here so i thought maybe by joining this group i could make new friends and also get amazing book recommendations from you guys :)

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10060 comments Mod
Welcome Ainul. You'll definitely find both here!

message 3: by Amie (new)

Amie Orr (wellwellwell) | 11 comments hiya Ainul!

message 4: by Avid (new)

Avid Reader (thesadgirl) | 10 comments hiiii amie!!!!!

message 5: by Amie (new)

Amie Orr (wellwellwell) | 11 comments what kinda books do you like to read mdear

message 6: by Avid (new)

Avid Reader (thesadgirl) | 10 comments I'm still figuring out my favorite genre. As for now though i just go with people's suggestions. What about you?

message 7: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (alley1) | 3 comments I read many kinds of books, mostly literary fiction, spirituality, some sci-fi, and a lot of memoir because my most recent published book All Right So Far, is memoir. Over the last dozen years I established three different readers advisory groups. This is like a book club, except we all read whatever we want instead of focusing on a single book. This kind of group is another way to meet new people and be exposed to new books. Contact info if you’re interested in trying it out in your own area, is on my webpage www.mooalleypress.ca

message 8: by Amie (new)

Amie Orr (wellwellwell) | 11 comments that's funky!

message 9: by Amie (new)

Amie Orr (wellwellwell) | 11 comments i love a classic or a contemporary

message 10: by Avid (new)

Avid Reader (thesadgirl) | 10 comments Sheila wrote: "I read many kinds of books, mostly literary fiction, spirituality, some sci-fi, and a lot of memoir because my most recent published book All Right So Far, is memoir. Over the last dozen years I es..."
wow i'd love to check it out thanks sheila

message 11: by Avid (new)

Avid Reader (thesadgirl) | 10 comments Amie wrote: "i love a classic or a contemporary"

ooo classic like little women???? i watched the movie. it was brilliant!!!! i would love to read the book someday. I'm 17 how old are you?

message 12: by Amie (new)

Amie Orr (wellwellwell) | 11 comments Heya Ainul I'm 16! And yeah, I'm currently reading about Dorian Gray! It's brilliant!

message 13: by Avid (new)

Avid Reader (thesadgirl) | 10 comments woww we're pretty close in age where are you from amie?

message 14: by Amie (new)

Amie Orr (wellwellwell) | 11 comments i live in like, the dreariest place ever Ainul. Scotland. How about you??

message 15: by Avid (new)

Avid Reader (thesadgirl) | 10 comments talking about dreariest, I live in Malaysia the bleakest place on the planet you probably don't even know where it's located lmao. btw how's Scotland dealing with covid-19?

message 16: by Amie (new)

Amie Orr (wellwellwell) | 11 comments hmmmm.. is it near the Philippines?? oh god im not sure i failed geography. Scotland was doing great with Covid, but then it came back and we're under like a half-lockdown

message 17: by Avid (new)

Avid Reader (thesadgirl) | 10 comments hahaha yeah pretty much, we're borderline with Singapore and Thailand. covid sucks, our country was doing great too and for a moment we thought we could beat the virus but now the cases are going back up and we're going through lockdown again :( hope you and your family are doing well though :)

message 18: by Amie (new)

Amie Orr (wellwellwell) | 11 comments we're doing okay, yknow! sometimes we hate each others guts lol. I'm just grateful i havent lost anyone, and i know a lot of people who have :(

message 19: by Avid (new)

Avid Reader (thesadgirl) | 10 comments hahahah its normal for a family to despise one another, me and my sister including lol, but yeah I'm also grateful that I didn't lose anybody after I lost my father back in 2010. i don't want to end it on a sad note, what book are you currently reading? I'm trying hard to actually hit my reading goal this year!!!