What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Doomspell (Doomspell, #1)
This topic is about The Doomspell
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fantasy - Kids suddenly start developing magic abilities, adults don’t. Protagonists may be friends or siblings who have extra special magic abilities, female villain with a live snake necklace. Read between 2009-2013. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Samantha Scahill | 4 comments I can’t exactly remember the details of the plot as it was read long ago however kids start displaying magic abilities, and I think this flips the power balance as adults don’t have magic. You grow out of the magic when you become an adult. I’m pretty sure the story Centers on two or three kids who are friends or siblings. Some kids have few or no magic and an equally small number have incredible magic. One or two of the siblings/friends have incredible magic and I think are being enticed by a female villain who is part of an alternate dimension. I believe she wears a live snake as a necklace.

Samantha Scahill | 4 comments Oh also I think it was either a lo BBG book in three parts or part of a series of three books!

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments What is a "lo BBG book?"

Samantha Scahill | 4 comments Oops sorry, meant long book

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments No prob, thanks for clarifying!

message 6: by SBC (new) - rated it 3 stars

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Could it be the Doomspell series by Cliff McNish?

Samantha Scahill | 4 comments Oh my goodness it is doom spell! Thanks so much, I’ve literally spent hours searching for this with absolutely no luck.

message 8: by SBC (new) - rated it 3 stars

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Great, I’m glad I could help :)

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments The Doomspell for the link.