Serial Readers Unite! discussion

Archive > September Chat

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 2865 comments Mod
Lets talk! Books, Games, movies, tv shows, weather, life, etc.

Just please no politics! I need a safe place somewhere lol.

message 2: by Jamie (new)

So I sprained my ankle this week and was suppose to be helping my grandmother all week and then come home to do a massive house clean. HAHAHA! This has been a trickly, sometimes painful, past couple days.

I hope to read more manga this month.

Started watching Manifest and Food Wars on Hulu. Has anyone else seen either of these?

What is everyone up to?

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Also, if anyone is willing to help with challenge ideas or scores periodically I would love a bit of help whenever possible. If you can help (even if just once a week or so) let me know and I'll set you up as a mod. Nothing major, but I feel bad I can't always do scores regularly and struggling to keep this group active. I want to keep things going next year but I know better challenges and scoring will help activity and my schedule is so inconsistant. I still hope Sans will return soon but I have no idea if or when.

message 4: by Kelsey (last edited Sep 05, 2020 02:39PM) (new)

Kelsey Ketch (ketch1714) | 2 comments Sorry to hear about your ankle! Hope you feel better soon.

Been trying to read Every Last Kiss by Courtney Cole, but I've been too exhausted of late. And since I read just before bed, kind of hard to keep my eyes open to read.

message 5: by Jamie (new)

I’ve had plenty of those nights. Some days our bodies just have other plans for us besides what we want to do.

Kai Charles(Fiction State Of Mind) (fictionstateofmind) | 863 comments I can't focus enough to read much :/ getting through some graphic novels though,

message 7: by Jamie (new)

Kai Charles(Fiction State Of Mind) wrote: "I can't focus enough to read much :/ getting through some graphic novels though,"

Struggling to focus is never fun. Luckily, graphic novels totally count as reading! :) Sometimes we just need to let our minds rest. Especially with everything going on in the world right now. Not to mention whatever may be going on in your personal life. Be sure to relax and take some well deserved "you time" when you need it to do something you love and that can help sooth you.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments I'm doing really well with my HP audio right now. If only I could do as well with other audio...

message 9: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Sep 06, 2020 10:51PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments Guys! While searching for houses (It's taking foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) I found a fellow book junkie! It literally looked like I want my house to look like! lol.

message 10: by Jamie (new)

Cool! It’s not easy to find a fellow soul. Us bookish peeps are rare it seems. I never seem to find them unless online lol.

message 11: by Jamie (new)

So was the whole house lined in shelves?

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments Jamie wrote: "Cool! It’s not easy to find a fellow soul. Us bookish peeps are rare it seems. I never seem to find them unless online lol."

Well this was online too. lol. I was so happy!

message 13: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments Jamie wrote: "So was the whole house lined in shelves?"

No but they had some creative uses for some furniture that I found cool. Let me see if I can post some pics.

message 15: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments This is the only one that showed the cool thing. Another one was a cabinet above the toilet with some books.

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments Jamie?

message 17: by Jamie (new)

Sorry watching a movie. Looks nice. Comfy redibn spots. But window bench needs a couple pillows.

message 18: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments I agree. I love the idea of a window bench but I'm not sure how comfy it would be. I want to try one though. ^_^

message 19: by Jamie (new)

Some can be comfy but some are looks only that I’ve been on.

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments Jamie wrote: "Some can be comfy but some are looks only that I’ve been on."

I hate looks only except in pretty pictures. lol. I'm a practical gal. I take comfort over looks 95% of the time. ^_^

message 21: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments In fact that chair in the pic is giving me super comfy vibes.

message 22: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments In fact except for the tv and the fact I'm losing some valuable book wall space I love the whole setup of that room. I want some nice furniture but I also have a LOT of books to find a room for. lol.

message 23: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments Honestly this house is exactly my vibe. lol. Now to convince my mom and brother. :P

message 24: by Jamie (new)

Good luck! What did they think of it?

message 25: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments Jamie wrote: "Good luck! What did they think of it?"

Haven't told them about it yet. I found it like 3-4 hours ago and it's basically 4 am. lol. Both my mom and brother aren't night owls like me.

message 26: by Jamie (new)

Ahh. Gotcha!

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments Jamie wrote: "Ahh. Gotcha!"

The joy of being the only Night Owl. lol. :P

message 28: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments The universe really did try to make me the most unique person it could. I'm left handed and a night owl. lol.

message 29: by Jamie (new)

That makes two of us! I’m left handed as well! 😁

message 30: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Sep 07, 2020 01:06AM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments OMG YAY! I love meeting other lefties! ^_^

message 31: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments We are a rarity. ^_^

message 32: by Jamie (new)

I somehow got all the rare genes in my family. My parents and grandparents were all dark haired and dark eyes and right handed and I come along all left handed with blue eyes and blonde hair (it darkened some as an adult but now where near the others in my family). Only one other person in entire known family is left handed.

message 33: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Sep 07, 2020 01:33AM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments I also only have one other relative that's left handed that I know of. O.o

I didn't really get all the rare genes but I got some crappy ones. I'm the only one who got her wisdom teeth (and had to get them removed) and I'm the only one who had to get her gallbladder removed. -.-

message 34: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 1168 comments I'm also the shortest in the family. Only my aunt is about my height. :(

message 35: by Jamie (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "I'm also the shortest in the family. Only my aunt is about my height. :("

I am short in mine too. One of my cousins is close but most in my family are taller. My grandmother is only a bit taller though! lol

message 36: by Jamie (new)

So I am toying with the idea of having a few series of the months running. Like 2-3 series topics to chat about and read. Different genres can be nominated and different titles within each one. Do a poll do let people vote. What does everyone think?