Christian Nonfiction Lovers Book Club discussion

Author Meet & Greet > birthplace of women's rights

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Detweiler (mdetweiler) | 29 comments Do you know what city is the birthplace of women’s rights? No? Well, it’s Seneca Falls, NY.

I visited Seneca Falls the other day while I was on vacation in the Finger Lakes region of New York. It was very cool to be where some of the events I wrote about in When Going with the Flow Isn’t Enough actually took place.

Excerpt: “In 1848 Elizabeth Stanton emerged as a women’s rights leader. She, along with a handful of other women, organized the Seneca Falls Convention which was held that year in Seneca Falls, New York. Over three hundred people attended. Prior to the convention, Elizabeth wrote a Declaration of Sentiments, which she modeled on the Declaration of Independence. In that document she stated that men and women are created equal and proposed, among other things, a resolution demanding voting rights for women. She read her declaration at the convention. The final resolutions, including female suffrage, were passed.”

If you’re interested in reading When Going with the Flow Isn’t Enough, here’s the link:
https://www.amazon.com/When-Going-Flo...

message 2: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 276 comments Hi Mary,

Great to see you posting about your books. In order enhance our members' experience we like to organize author posts about their own books under Author Meet & Greet. That's why you'll find that your most recent posts have been moved there. You are welcome to post about your books on any appropriate Author Meet & Greet thread. You'll notice that if you post on one of the top five threads that are already established for promoting your books, those threads remain the most visible, maximizing your reach to our membership.

We also encourage you to engage with our readers your favorite books by other authors on our other discussion boards like Let's Talk Nonfiction Books and other promotion free boards. It would be great to get to know you and the books you love to read there.

Happy reading and writing!

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary Detweiler (mdetweiler) | 29 comments Susan & Marja Verschoor-Meijers
Thank you for your help and suggestions. I will do my best to follow them.

message 4: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 276 comments Mary wrote: "Susan & Marja Verschoor-Meijers
Thank you for your help and suggestions. I will do my best to follow them."

We look forward to interacting with you, Mary. :)