Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > My book is credited to the wrong author

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Goodman | 2 comments My book is credited to a different author with the same name - John R. Goodman, how can I claim it?
I wanted to join the Goodreads Author Program. I added my book, Death, Dot & Daisy, ISBN-13 : 979-8677929076, ASIN B08GFPMFJ4, but it got credited to a different author with the same name as me. Apparently, he died in 1865, so he probably does not want to join the program himself. How can this be fixed?

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments John wrote: "My book is credited to a different author with the same name - John R. Goodman, how can I claim it?
I wanted to join the Goodreads Author Program. I added my book, Death, Dot & Daisy, ISBN-13 : 979..."

1. You can claim this by going to the author profile page here:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

scroll down and click on the link that says is this you?

2. There are other authors with the same name. Although one of the authors is not "active" there are multiple editions of his work still being printed.

3. Goodreads disambiguates between authors of the same name by using spaces between the author's first and last name.

4. Your author profile has 2 spaces: John R.^^Goodman, where the ^ equals a space.

5. When publications are automatically imported from Amazon or other sources, the "handshake' between Goodreads and the other source do not recognize multiple spaces, so the work goes to the default 1 space profile.

6. You can post in this forum to have it moved, or you can add the book with the 2 spaces between your first and last name before publication.

7. When you ask for assistance, it is helpful to include that your author profile has 2 spaces.

8. I added the Kindle edition and added the covers.

message 3: by John (new)

John Goodman | 2 comments Thank you Suzi, that's very helpful.