Readalongs with Karen discussion

Burial Rites
This topic is about Burial Rites
Burial Rites > Burial Rites FINISHING discussion questions/thoughts

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen | 162 comments Here we can leave our thoughts/discussion questions on finishing Burial Rites

KarenK2 (kaykaykay60) I thought this was very good, 4 stars

message 3: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen | 162 comments Karen Kay wrote: "I thought this was very good, 4 stars"
Hi Karen, did you have a favourite character from the book ?

Mariann (mdargusch) | 17 comments I’ve had this on my TBR shelf for a few years so I was so glad to finally read this! I already fell in love with the author’s writing style when I read The Good People. Her writing is so atmospheric and beautiful. I also gave this book 4 stars.

Mela (melabooks) | 26 comments To me, it was deeply moving. I will always remember Agnes' cry:
I don't want to be remembered, I want to be here!

Mariann (mdargusch) | 17 comments Mela wrote: "To me, it was deeply moving. I will always remember Agnes' cry:
I don't want to be remembered, I want to be here!
"

Oh yes! So poignant!

Mariann (mdargusch) | 17 comments I had to google images and there are photos of the ruins of Natan’s workshop. But there’s also a photo of a badstofa which is a large communal bedroom. So much of the book took place there so I’m happy to be able to picture it now.

Mela (melabooks) | 26 comments Mariann wrote: "I had to google images and there are photos of the ruins of Natan’s workshop. But there’s also a photo of a badstofa which is a large communal bedroom. So much of the book took place there so I’m h..."

Could you give me a link?

Mariann (mdargusch) | 17 comments Mela wrote: "Mariann wrote: "I had to google images and there are photos of the ruins of Natan’s workshop. But there’s also a photo of a badstofa which is a large communal bedroom. So much of the book took plac..."
http://www.trippingoverbooks.com/2014...

♥ Sandi ❣	 | 3 comments Thanks for the pictures Mariann

message 11: by Mela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mela (melabooks) | 26 comments Thank you Mariann! Looking at those pictures was like going back to Agnes' story...

KarenK2 (kaykaykay60) Cool pictures!

♥ Sandi ❣	 | 3 comments I recently finished this book. Thought it was great. I am not usually one who likes a lot of foreign wording in a book I am reading - to me it is distracting. But the names and cities and farms would not have been authentic if not in Icelandic. Where the author did write in Icelandic - such as the poems - she immediately translated them, and I appreciated that. The book was based on a true story and some characters were based on real people. Others were not, but added in place of those who were probably there. The location is real.

message 14: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen | 162 comments Wow ! thanks to everyone who joined in reading this book : )
I really appreciate it. My life has been a bit hectic lately and hope to get to it soon and share my thoughts on it too.