What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

74 views
UNSOLVED: One specific book > Thin black fiction book my fiance saw at Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Orin (new)

Orin (-artuate) | 8 comments I'm sorry, I have so little information on this book. Basically, my fiance saw a book in the regular fiction section at Barnes and Noble recently and said it looked like something I would like. He said it was a thin book with a black cover with hands drawn on the front, but he doesn't remember anything else.
I'm hoping someone knows what this book is just because I'm really curious. I tried to walk through the fiction section about a week ago and didn't find anything but I also didn't have the time to search as hard as I'd like to.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Orin


message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15777 comments Was it on display? Did it seem like a new book?

I assume "black" refers only to the cover and not the contents?

Does he remember why he thought you might like it, ie: any hint of the plot?


message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
You might also call the store (maybe he remembers where in the fiction section it was?). Maybe an employee will remember the book.


message 4: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (inconspicuouss8) | 65 comments how thin would you say it is?

could it be twilight?


message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments Twilight isn't thin.


message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 297 comments Do you remember the section? Historical Fiction, Literary Fiction, Women's Fiction, Mystery Fiction, Horror & Thriller Fiction?


message 7: by Echo (new)

Echo (crackedspines) possibly The Shadows by Alex North?


message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Maybe:

Kindred A Graphic Novel Adaptation by Damian Duffy

Mentor (The Left-Hand Path #1) by T.S. Barnett


message 9: by Orin (new)

Orin (-artuate) | 8 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Was it on display? Did it seem like a new book?

I assume "black" refers only to the cover and not the contents?

Does he remember why he thought you might like it, ie: any hint of the plot?"


Yeah, black was just the color of the cover. He said he doesn't remember anything of the plot, just the cover.


message 10: by Orin (new)

Orin (-artuate) | 8 comments Shirley wrote: "how thin would you say it is?

could it be twilight?"


I asked him and he compared it to another book I have that's only about 90 pages. So pretty darn thin. I asked if it could have been poetry but he's pretty sure it wasn't.


message 11: by Orin (new)

Orin (-artuate) | 8 comments Courtney wrote: "Do you remember the section? Historical Fiction, Literary Fiction, Women's Fiction, Mystery Fiction, Horror & Thriller Fiction?"

It was just in regular fiction (literary fiction, I guess). He did say it might have been a horror/thriller that was misshelved or picked up and put down in the wrong spot.


message 12: by Orin (new)

Orin (-artuate) | 8 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Maybe:

Kindred A Graphic Novel Adaptation by Damian Duffy

Mentor (The Left-Hand Path #1) by T.S. Barnett"


No, neither of these unfortunately.


message 13: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15777 comments Milk and Honey?

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

Short, with black cover.


message 14: by Orin (new)

Orin (-artuate) | 8 comments Cracked Spines wrote: "possibly The Shadows by Alex North?"
No, that does look cool though and I may have to add it to my TBR


back to top