Play Book Tag discussion

September 2020: Psychological > Wind, Sand, and Stars by Antoine Saint-Exupery, 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8519 comments This was a beautifully written read, and several of the sentences and passages were breathtaking. You could open it anywhere in the book and be taken in by the writing. The writing was four to five star.

The story, by Antoine de Saint - Exupery, author of The Little Prince, would appeal to many, although the plot isn't intricate or fast moving. Its about the narrators experiences of flight and flight and its resultant adventures during the war. Its quite solitary and very psychologically and philosophically written.

For those who are relating this to a Goodreads challenge, it is listed on page 17 under blues, but like the last four books I've read, there is literally no mention or reference to blues. Perhaps they mean the sky?

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6671 comments Blue cover maybe.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8519 comments Good call! But not likely....

message 4: by NancyJ (last edited Sep 05, 2020 02:19PM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5222 comments I think I understand it. The sky, the beauty, the isolation, the war - all that would fill me with the blues, but in an expansive way.

I often get filled up with a sweet and sad feeling when I experience beauty, nature or awe. It makes me want to smile and cry at the same time.

In a blues book I read, the musicians described good blues as sad and sweet. The sad words and sweet notes can touch you deep in your soul. It can be healing.

But yes Theresa, I found a user who used a lot of blues tag. When I peeked at his profile, I noticed all the blues books did have blue covers.

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6671 comments NancyJ wrote: "IBut yes Theresa, I found a user who used a lot of blues tag. When I peeked at his profile, I noticed all the blues books did have blue covers..."

I found same when I checked a few lists looking for a blues book I felt I could enjoy reading.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8519 comments Nancy, your review was quite better than mine!

message 7: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5222 comments Amy wrote: "Nancy, your review was quite better than mine!"

Not at all. I just read your description, and remembered how things like that can make me feel.

I once had a transcendent moment on my way to work in the country, passing a beautiful golden field. I gushed about it to my team and they called me a city girl. That was more than 20 years ago and I still remember it. It's weird how some moments stay with you.

message 8: by NancyJ (last edited Sep 08, 2020 09:00PM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5222 comments Amy, wasn't there are a post somewhere about a free copy of this book online?

Found it. Annapi posted this:

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet....