Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Experienced beta reader for 130k adult fantasy

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tori (new)

Tori | 2 comments I am looking for a beta reader or two for my completed adult fantasy novel at around 130k words. I need someone who can point of specific issues and how to fix them. I don't have any solid deadline but would prefer it done within a month. Also I don't have a blurb yet but here is what the story is about:

Cali is home from University with her friends in tow. They frequently take walks in the woods behind the house and one day stumble upon a hole in the ground that turns out to be the entrance to an underground network of caves. After exploring a large area of the cave they make their way through to a new section that appears to be untouched. Inside they find an engraving on the wall with a riddle that must be solved to free the occupants below. When they solve the riddle, they realize it was a mistake because what they find inside is a non human race who believe it is their destiny to repopulate and take back the Earth from the humans. It is left up to Cali and her friends to convince the newcomers that both species can live in peace.

There are a bit of sex scenes but nothing too graphic, some consumption of illegal substances 😶 and some cursing.

message 2: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Ghaffar | 124 comments Tori,

Your story sounds interesting and I would love to beta read for you. I can help you point out and fix any problem areas. Please check out my website at whatayeshareads.blogspot.com/p/beta-r... for more information and testimonials about my work.

Thanks,
Ayesha

message 3: by Wentzel (new)

Wentzel Lombard | 35 comments Hi, Tori. Here is the link to my site: https://wp.me/Pc2xMk-M

message 4: by Marta (new)

Marta (ofwavesandpages) | 17 comments Hi Tori!! Your work sounds something I'd really enjoy reading and I'd love to work with you! I've sent you a DM - let me know if you'd like to discuss it further :)

message 5: by Novel (new)

Novel Idea | 19 comments Hi Tori,

Your story has a little bit of everything! You had me with a non-human race (crab people?). I'd love to take a look at your MS and see how I could help. Rates and testimonials can be seen at www.novelidea.ca. Send me an email at novelidea.editing@gmail.com and we can discuss details.

Thanks!

Casey
A Novel Idea

message 6: by Gabby (last edited Sep 05, 2020 09:40PM) (new)

Gabby (gabbycd) | 85 comments Hi Tori,

I have experience beta reading many adult fantasy novels, and yours sounds amazing! I'd love to help.
I charge $0.0015AUD/word (about $0.001USD) so for 130k words that’ll be $195AUD ($30USD). I offer detailed feedback using track changes to make comments directly on your manuscript, as well as a detailed summary in an editorial letter (usually around 1500 words of feedback). I also have a quick turnaround time.
I have been working as a freelance editor and writer for a two years, as well as an ESL teacher. I have a Ba in English and Creative Writing and I read and review over 100 books a year. All of this is to say I’m confident in helping you make your novel the best it can be!
You can find out more about my services as well as testimonials from my recent clients on my website: gcdeditorial.wordpress.com
Feel free to email me with any questions: gcdeditorial@outlook.com

Thanks!
Gabby

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina (teadee) | 109 comments Hi Tori,
This story is really interesting and I would love to help! Feel free to look at this link for prices. I'm open to customer orders if you are on a budget. I'm here to help!
https://www.fiverr.com/s2/5cef8707bc
Look forward to hearing from you!