Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Looking for a Project? > Done : Aunt Fanny

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 3: by Liz V. (last edited Sep 05, 2020 02:10AM) (new)

Liz V. (wwwgoodreadscomlizv) | 35937 comments done

Frances Dana Barker Gage / pseudonym Aunt Fanny
Frances Dana Gage

Need to check Aunt Fanny for Gage's books

message 6: by Liz V. (last edited Sep 05, 2020 09:59AM) (new)

message 7: by Nada (new)

Nada (nada-sadek) | 1077 comments Done. Please check and let me know if something is wrong.

message 8: by Liz V. (new)

Liz V. (wwwgoodreadscomlizv) | 35937 comments Thank you Nada.

My apologies. I didn't expect anyone to work on this so quickly, so I added to ##2 & 4. Also #6

message 9: by Nada (new)

Nada (nada-sadek) | 1077 comments Done with those as well

message 10: by lethe (last edited Sep 05, 2020 03:29AM) (new)

lethe | 13664 comments Nada wrote: "Done. Please check and let me know if something is wrong."

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Since she used Aunt Fanny as her pen name during her lifetime, and some? all? of the covers on this profile show that name, Aunt Fanny should either replace Frances Elizabeth Barrow or be added as primary author on the editions that show Frances Elizabeth Barrow.

Since the Aunt^Fanny profile has disappeared, the name can be re-added with one space.

If there are no, or just a few, covers with Frances Elizabeth Barrow, the author profile can simply be changed to Aunt Fanny. Any editions with Frances Elizabeth Barrow can have that name added as secondary author.

(I didn't check whether there were any other variants of her name in use on the public domain editions.)

message 11: by Nada (new)

Nada (nada-sadek) | 1077 comments Changed the author name to Aunt Fanny

message 12: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19990 comments Nada wrote: "Done. Please check and let me know if something is wrong."

Fanny was merged into Aunt Fanny, which was incorrect, as not all books on the Fanny profile belong to Aunt Fanny. Each book by Aunt Fanny had to be moved individually. Now it's hard to tell which ones are not by Aunt Fanny.

message 13: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19990 comments Any editions with Frances Elizabeth Barrow can have that name added as secondary author.

I've checked all the editions with covers and added Frances Elizabeth Barrow as secondary author.
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...
And added a link to Aunt Fanny in the description of this profile.

message 14: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19990 comments I've checked the books that were on the Aunt Fanny profile and moved all books that were by a different author.

Most were moved (back) to Fanny: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...
A couple were by a different author.

message 15: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13664 comments Many thanks, Arenda 👍

message 16: by Liz V. (new)

Liz V. (wwwgoodreadscomlizv) | 35937 comments Thank you Nada, Lethe and Arenda.

I thought I saw an incorrectly moved book by Fanny but GR wouldn't let me pull it up or access page. Cache thing I thought and planned to check today.

Existing series listings incomplete.

message 18: by Lu (new)

Lu | 601 comments #17 Done.

message 19: by Liz V. (new)

Liz V. (wwwgoodreadscomlizv) | 35937 comments Thank you Luisa.