What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Premonitions (Premonitions, #1)
This topic is about Premonitions
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Paranormal YA about Psychic Protagonist and her Missing Friend. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Francesca (new)

Francesca Bedford-Norris | 8 comments Hello!
I am searching for a book, paranormal YA. I read it in high school so years range from 2005-2009. I remember it being a small book and somewhat thin. Cover was mostly black with blue lettering.
More details: protag is female (and I can’t remember her name), a bit of a loner and psychic. She lost her mother to a car accident. The protag believes her mother was psychic also. I distinctly remember the part near the beginning of the book where the protag is discussing her mother and her presumed psychic abilities by recounting a memory where her mother told her that she’d “never go grey.” The mother passed in a car accident before her hair ever turned grey. The protag is living with I think her father and step family but not 100% on that detail. The protag has a friend from school she’s not super close with. Protag tends to keep to herself and not talk much. I believe this friend’s name is Emily and I think she went to (goes to?) computer camp. The protag isn’t super jazzed about Emily but they both seems to be each other’s only friend. When Emily suddenly disappears and I think the protag is the last person she saw before going missing. Protag then takes it upon herself to try to find Emily. There is a male character named Zed who works in a glass blowing studio whom the protag suspects took Emily. Turns out it wasn’t but this loner rich guy who lives out on a island with a bunch of kids he has managed to convince to come with him. I think a majority of them are minors he’s abducted. This guy lost his massive family (I think in a boating accident) and in his grief became unhinged and is trying to recreate this family with kids from the mainland. The protag eventually discovers this and deliberately gets herself taken by this guy to try to find Emily. I think there is also a second book. Same small size and thin as well. Black cover and pink lettering if that helps. I think this book is set in northern New England.
Thanks for any help y’all can provide!

message 3: by Francesca (new)

Francesca Bedford-Norris | 8 comments Thank you so very much!!!!!

message 4: by Francesca (new)

Francesca Bedford-Norris | 8 comments I appreciate how quickly you solved this for me - thank you! ❤️

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19177 comments You're super welcome, glad I was able to help out!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Premonitions (other topics)