The Debating Club! discussion

Fun Debate topics > are Villains just misunderstood?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kai (new)

Kai (bookslare) | 10 comments I always sided a little bit more with villains then with heroes

Lizzie {Liz S.} ~Zailey+Jaseth Shipper~ Stone | 146 comments Villains are definitely misunderstood because no one is born magically evil unless there is something wrong with their brain. Villains always have a bad past and a hard life leading up to their evil ways. There is always something that makes them that way, in Maleficent's Case in Sleeping Beauty by Disney she felt left out so even though it may seem a bit drastic to us, she cursed a child. In Once Upon A Time, the villains there all have a past that makes them that way such as a loved one dying or being abandoned. Everyone is good, they just have to decide to be that way.

message 3: by Aizlyn, stop Procrasinating mate~ (last edited Sep 05, 2020 03:17AM) (new)

Aizlyn | 81 comments Mod
I agree that villians are misunderstood, even in Endgame and Infinity war Spoilers Ahead!!
Thanos had a wish to balance the universe because of what he experienced in his childhood but his way was wrong thats what make them villians their problems are valid but execution of the plan is very wrong and dangerous.

ヽ(◉ᗜ◉)ノ ♥ Sushi Roll ♥ | 184 comments Mod
"Evil isn't born, it's made."
I have sided with the villains many times. They're just people with untold stories, and they are misunderstood so often. SPOILERS UP AHEAD. In Once Upon A Time, Regina, the evil queen, is only evil because her first love Daniel was killed because someone wasn't able to keep a secret, and then her second love, Robin Hood, was killed by her sister, and her mother always ruined things for her on purpose because she was making Regina's life "better."

Lizzie {Liz S.} ~Zailey+Jaseth Shipper~ Stone | 146 comments I agree Aayushi! I have watched all of Once Upon A Time and all the villains have backstories that make them the way they are. SPOILERS UP AHEAD. Regina's Mother(Cora) wasn't always bad. She did want what she thought was best for her daughter. Also, she was pushed around by the rich people because she was the Miller's Daughter, making her grow evil. Also, Zelena in Once Upon A Time did turn good in the end because of her daughter, Robin. And she was abandoned and sent to Oz by a cyclone. No one cared for her really, she always had magic always critisized from it because of her adoptive father and so she sought to fine ways for attention. She found her mother had abandoned her and was jealous, the only way in her mind was to get revenge and change things because she had always felt lonely.

message 6: by lemon (new)

lemon ((i wanna be your vacuum cleaner)) (makevocaloidgreatagain) villains kinda are misunderstood but sometimes they do things that are unforgivable

Lillyyy (⌐■_■) I do feel like villains can be misunderstood and a lot are. BUT. I always think a villain should have a backstory, but sometimes in not very well planned books they're just evil to be evil. They SHOULD have a reason but they don't.

message 8: by Kai (new)

Kai (bookslare) | 10 comments I like the story of Manchester black in supergirl spoilers he's fiance is killed so he goes on a killing spree to avenge her know mater the cost and so I can respect him a bet for that

ヽ(◉ᗜ◉)ノ ♥ Sushi Roll ♥ | 184 comments Mod
Lizzie {Liz S.} wrote: "I agree Aayushi! I have watched all of Once Upon A Time and all the villains have backstories that make them the way they are. SPOILERS UP AHEAD. Regina's Mother(Cora) wasn't always bad. She did wa..."

Yay! I've like barely seen any people who've watched Once Upon A Time. It's always surprising when I meet someone who has watched it.

Lizzie {Liz S.} ~Zailey+Jaseth Shipper~ Stone | 146 comments Yeah, same! I like the backstories of the villains there. It shows that villains just have a hard life and that there is a reason that makes them that way.

daughterofathenacarli | 76 comments I think it depends on the villian. Like read Renegades. You will forget alot that she is the main "villian", because, is she really? And then you think, well then, it must be the superhero council, but at the same time you can't think of them as the villians. But if differnt books, there are villians that are just evil Cough *Octavian* Cough

message 12: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Yeah Octavian is a stupid big-headed nuisance

message 13: by KingdomReader (last edited Oct 27, 2020 06:12PM) (new)

KingdomReader Yes.
That's all I have to say.
We read/watch things that are told from the hero's side but we almost never get to see what is going on with the villains! Like does no one consider that they also have feelings?
Also villains are the best characters.
PERIODT.

message 14: by Ayla (last edited Oct 27, 2020 06:17PM) (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) I love the evil characters, personally. They're the most interesting, and they make everything better. I'm always rooting for the villain (well most of the time, idk there are exceptions).
So it's not just that villains are 'misunderstood' in my opinion, I feel like we just don't get enough of their perspective to really understand them. Their actions, motives, and feelings, we just can't interpret because everyone's too busy hating on them XD
THE EVIL ONES ARE THE BESTTTTTT

daughterofathenacarli | 76 comments Ayla ~#TheFloorIsFloor~ wrote: "I love the evil characters, personally. They're the most interesting, and they make everything better. I'm always rooting for the villain (well most of the time, idk there are exceptions).
So it's ..."

IKR!!

message 16: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) :)

message 17: by Charlene (new)

Charlene  Turner: KINGDOM KEEPER They really are misunderstood. Take Loki for example. All he wanted was for someone to be proud of him for something, to be in the spotlight for once. To get that he turned evil, back to eh, then ok, then "died" (he used his left hand instead of his right to 'stab' thanos.....almost every marvel fan knows he is right handed)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

AnnabethChase wrote: "I think it depends on the villian. Like read Renegades. You will forget alot that she is the main "villian", because, is she really? And then you think, well then, it must be the superhero council,..."

The Renegade Council is EVIL. Sorta. That's a very amazingly messed book series. I mean that in a very good way. I love the Renegades. Yeah, I hate Octavian.

daughterofathenacarli | 76 comments Kylee (Eva Teller) wrote: "AnnabethChase wrote: "I think it depends on the villian. Like read Renegades. You will forget alot that she is the main "villian", because, is she really? And then you think, well then, it must be ..."

Wait how is the council evil?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

AnnabethChase wrote: "Kylee (Eva Teller) wrote: "AnnabethChase wrote: "I think it depends on the villian. Like read Renegades. You will forget alot that she is the main "villian", because, is she really? And then you th..."

AGENT N.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, maybe they aren't EVIL-EVIL. But, they aren't angels.