What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult fiction/Chick lit by Indian author (in English). About an Indian woman/couple...

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Avantika (new)

Avantika Pyper | 5 comments Novel by Indian author written in English; MC is talking I think to his 2nd wife and he tells her how his first wife died and how his mother was responsible and how he knew about it and didn't do anything.
Need the name of the book / the author.

All I remember is that the book was written by an Indian Author and all I remember is this scene where the MC is talking I think to his 2nd wife and he tells her how his first wife died and how his mother was responsible and how he knew about it and didn't do anything..something along those lines and the book was about characters living in Bombay or Delhi.. I think I read it when I was in college so in the year 2000s

Definitely a modern story and the couple featured would have been well off and city based.
would have been set in the 90s if I read it in 2000s, possibility that it's a female author - not sure but kind of similar writing to Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Not a lot to go on I'm aware but any ideas would be helpful. Someone a while ago did suggest it was A Fine Balance by Rohinton mistry but it wasn't it.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35119 comments Mod
Avantika, you started a thread for this book in 2017:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

so I’m closing the current thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.