Polls for Our Souls discussion

Manga suggestions

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi like the title suggests I need some manga recommendations i know naruto and inuyasha but i would like to read more manga help please!

-ˏˋclaraˊˎ- (taleofteacups) | 6 comments hi!! here are some of my favourite mangas: fairy tail, the seven deadly sins, akatsuki no yona (fantasy), tokyo ghoul (horror), strobe edge, koe no Katachi, dengeki daisy (romance)

message 3: by MissBecka (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 113 comments I second Tokyo Ghoul, so freaking good!
I am a huge fan of Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom and cannot recommend it enough!!!
I have also been reading some classic literature via manga (much more palatable in manga form).
So far I tried Les Miserables: Manga Classics and Sense and Sensibility: Manga Classics.

message 4: by mohini☆ (last edited Sep 04, 2020 09:36PM) (new)

mohini☆ (mohiniw) | 9 comments I'm a huge fan of Death Note and Tokyo Ghoul! I also recommend Fruit Basket, My Hero Academia, Fullmetal Alchemist and Fairy Tale!

message 5: by seo eun (new)

seo eun Lee | 3 comments My favorite one is Kimetsu No Yaiba.
I also recommend The Promised Neverland!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

FRUITS BASKET!!!!!!!!!! FRUITS! BASKET! THAT ONE

message 7: by Vickey (new)

Vickey | 5 comments Fushigi Yugi is an amazing shojo fantasy story!

Jude: The Epic Reader (imnotjude) | 14 comments Contemporary: Mars, Host Club, Itazura na Kiss, Tramps Like Us
Fantasy: Kamisama Kiss, Fairy Tale, Fruits Basket

message 9: by Aqeelah (new)

Aqeelah Ally (fandomsandfiction) | 20 comments "akatuki no yona" (also known as "yona of the dawn") is one of my absolute favourite mangas!! also i really enjoy "detective conan" (also known as "case closed" or "meitantei conan" in japanese) - it's a mystery manga series suitable for all ages and the great part is that you can pick up any of the volumes at random and not be confused! :)

message 10: by Cintia (new)

Cintia (ladycintia) | 13 comments Utena, Bokurano, Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note

message 11: by Alyda (new)

Alyda | 22 comments I've only ever read two mangas, but of the two, I think Akatsuki no Yona is definitely worth checking out if you're interested in fantasy, action, adventure, romance, and/or period dramas.

Only keep in mind that it starts slow and takes a while for the plot to really kick off. MC is also horrible at the start, but after some character development, she becomes one of the best characters. If you liked Inuyasha, you might like this one.

PreistoftheTempleofSyrinx | 1 comments I've been reading The Promised Neverland lately. Pretty good read so far! I'd recommend it.

message 13: by Sassy Sedusa (new)

Sassy Sedusa | 1537 comments classroom assassination
deathnote
one punch man

message 14: by Shawna (new)

Shawna :) (sugoishawn) | 650 comments A Gentle Noble's Vacation Recommendation
Sailor Moon
Tsubasa
Fairy Cube

message 16: by Andrea (new)

Andrea L | 24 comments How about D Gray Man or Noragami ? Both as mangas are so pretty!
If you wanna get away from violence but not fantasy, try Iris Zero.

message 17: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 72 comments Try Horimiya, Vol. 1 if you want cute, fluffy and wholesome romance series.

R♡ (no more group invites !!) (bestgirluwu) Vampire Knight, Komi Can’t Communicate, Haikyu, Seraph Of The End, I Want To Eat Your Pancreas, Your Name, BanG! Dream Girl’s Band Party

message 19: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Rawley | 3 comments MissBecka wrote: "I second Tokyo Ghoul, so freaking good!
I am a huge fan of Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom and cannot recommend it enough!!!
I have also been reading some classic literature via manga (muc..."

I THIRD Tokyo Ghoul! It is my all-time favorite manga series! I also am loving the Manga Classics. I loved Les Miserables, Count of Monte Christo, Hamlet, Midsummer Night's Dream, Jane Eyre, and others.

message 20: by Maria (new)

Maria Herondale (bookthiief16) | 4 comments heyy!! i really love ao haru ride and given, you must read them they are amazing<3

message 21: by Marti (new)

Marti  | 41 comments Berserk, Attack on Titan, Death Note like everyone has said, Black Butler, Tokyo Ghoul, The Rose of Versailles, and Number 6.

message 22: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin | 7 comments Death note
The promised neverland
Attack on titan
Haikyu!!

message 23: by Annie (last edited Nov 28, 2021 05:24AM) (new)

Annie Ice (annieice1) | 27 comments Yasmin wrote: "Death note
The promised neverland
Attack on titan
Haikyu!!"

I started The Promised Neverland but it was soo gory and sad, I couldn't... I don't know why I can't seem to be able to read the manga as the bold black ink makes it unpleasant to my eyes. Also, I can't seem to understand in which way should I read, and the translations feel odd. I really wish I could read them though... I wanted to read My Hero Academia and The Fullmetal Alchemist, but I'm not so sure I can...

message 24: by Annie (new)

Annie Ice (annieice1) | 27 comments Annie wrote: "Yasmin wrote: "Death note
The promised neverland
Attack on titan
Haikyu!!"

I started The Promised Neverland but it was soo gory and sad, I couldn't... I don't know why I can't seem to be able to ..."

you know what? never mind. I started reading Death Note and I love it. I guess I can get used to mangas!

message 25: by Ananya ♡ (new)

Ananya ♡  (kenma_is_my_cat) | 7 comments Attack on Titan
Spy x Family
Tokyo Revengers
Chainsaw Man
Given

clea (taylor’s version) (briarchives) | 6 comments 1. daiya no ace!! (its vv long baseball manga, it alr has an act ii as of now but i assure you, you wont get bored!)
2. katekyo hitman reborn (classic!)
3. owari no seraph
4. tokyo revengers (ofc the most famous rn)
5. chainsaw man
6. jujutsu kaisen
7. ao no exorcist
8. blue lock (its a soccer manga!)
9. haikyuu!! (ofc who wouldn't like this one)
10. kuroko no basket (MY FAVORITE PLS DO READ AND WATCH THIS IF YOU HAVENT YET)