The Book Sisters Book Club discussion

63 views
Being Chatty > Happy Friday!

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bree (new)

Bree Hill (breehill) | 16 comments Mod
Hello Friends!! What is your current read and what are your thoughts on it so far?

Last night I finished Home For The Holidays by Sara Richardson so I’m finally, sitting down to finish Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis which is due back at the library tomorrow. It’s Jill Shalvis, I love her, I’m loving it! It just came in while I was in the middle of other things but I’m excited to begin another series of hers. Once finished with that I’m going to finish Sunrise Cabin by Stacey Donovan.

I hope your week has been amazing! Let us know what your reading plans are looking like.


message 2: by Antonella (new)

Antonella | 9 comments I started Not Like the Movies on audio..Mind you this is my first read by this author so far so good...I am 10% in!
I have eight chapters left in Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare. I have read one other series by her the Girl Meets Duke series. This one is also very good and funny. Basically everything I expect of HR book by her. I fear I will marathon read the whole series.
Otherwise I might read something else too because- mood!!


message 3: by Antonella (new)

Antonella | 9 comments Bree wrote: "Hello Friends!! What is your current read and what are your thoughts on it so far?

Last night I finished Home For The Holidays by Sara Richardson so I’m finally, sitting down to finish Simply Irre..."


Omg yes, Jill Shalvis books are like a warm comforting blanket on a rainy day. Did you see there will be another book in the Wildstone series and the cover is gorgeous The Forever Girl
Happy reading Bree & everybody else!!


message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess (jessstarfire) | 9 comments I'm starting the last book in the Sex and Sweet Tea series by Sawyer Bennett this weekend. I've really liked all of the books in this series but I'm really exciting for this last one (Gimme Some Sugar) because my favorite sibling is finally the main character.

I need to read some more Jill Shalvis. I've always enjoyed every book by her that I've tried (i think I've read 3 or 4)


message 5: by Mande (new)

Mande Garrett (mandegarrett) | 6 comments On audio I’m listening to The Woman In Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware. Weird and interesting mystery/paranormal book. Plus I’m also reading Shadowmancer by G.P. Taylor. It’s really weird for a idk if you want to call it fantasy but got religious stuff in it. I’ve also been reading No Longer A Slumdog: Bringing Hope To Children in Need by K.P. Yohannan. It’s fairly good.


message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam | 5 comments Currently reading Daisy Jones and The Six... this book is living up to the hype and I am flying through the book.


message 7: by Debbi (new)

Debbi Faust | 14 comments I am reading Midnight Bayou. It was a Bitter Single Ladies pick and I am not single but thought it might be good. Also, I started Gone With The Wind months ago. I am going to finish it in September by reading two chapters a day.

Happy reading everyone. Have a safe holiday week-end.


message 8: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) i just finished the lost colony, another 5 star read


message 9: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen I am reading a couple of books right now. A cozy mystery called Midnight Snacks are Murder and a Harlequin special edition book called Second Chance Sweet Shop. Both books are pretty good so far.


message 10: by Kerryn (new)

Kerryn (RatherBeReading) (kerryn_ratherbereading) | 6 comments I recently finished The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain - which was so good!! I am currently reading Miracle Creek by Angie Kim.


message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin | 6 comments I'm reading Liz Harris's The Dark Horizon & really enjoying it. I'm already eagerly anticipating the next in the series.


message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Harrow Gildenstern | 1 comments I just finished reading Shameless by Kelly Fox. Not sure what I’ll be picking up next. I’m also listening to The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean.


message 13: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
Antonella wrote: "I started Not Like the Movies on audio..Mind you this is my first read by this author so far so good...I am 10% in!
I have eight chapters left in Romancing the Duke..."


I love the Kerry Winfrey series! I hope you do too!


message 14: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
Antonella wrote: "Bree wrote: "Hello Friends!! What is your current read and what are your thoughts on it so far?

Last night I finished Home For The Holidays by Sara Richardson so I’m finally, sitting down to finis..."


I hauled most of the Wildstone series and I don't think I've ever read a Jill Shalvis! I need to get on it!


message 15: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
Jess wrote: "I'm starting the last book in the Sex and Sweet Tea series by Sawyer Bennett this weekend. I've really liked all of the books in this series but I'm really exciting for this last one (Gimme Some Su..."

haha! I haven't heard of Sex and Sweet Tea but it sounds fun!


message 16: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
Mande wrote: "On audio I’m listening to The Woman In Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware. Weird and interesting mystery/paranormal book. Plus I’m also reading Shadowmancer by G.P. Taylor. It’s really weird for a idk if you wa..."

Sounds like you are reading quite the mix! I have tried Ruth Ware and I don't think she's the author for me but I know so many love her!


message 17: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
Sam wrote: "Currently reading Daisy Jones and The Six... this book is living up to the hype and I am flying through the book."

Are you reading it in physical or audio? I loved the audio!


message 18: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
Debbi wrote: "I am reading Midnight Bayou. It was a Bitter Single Ladies pick and I am not single but thought it might be good. Also, I started Gone With The Wind months ago. I am going to finish it in September..."

Good luck with Gone with the Wind! I'm so intimidated!


message 19: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
darling, i love you, i love you, i love you wrote: "i just finished the lost colony, another 5 star read"

Ooh congrats! I love it when I get on a roll of good books!


message 20: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
Gretchen wrote: "I am reading a couple of books right now. A cozy mystery called Midnight Snacks are Murder and a Harlequin special edition book called Second Chance Sweet Shop. Both books are pretty good so far."

I have binged one cozy mystery series and thats it! I need to read more, especially as we go into holiday season!


message 21: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
Kerryn wrote: "I recently finished The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain - which was so good!! I am currently reading Miracle Creek by Angie Kim."

I hate to say I told you so, but....


message 22: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
Erin wrote: "I'm reading Liz Harris's The Dark Horizon & really enjoying it. I'm already eagerly anticipating the next in the series."

Is it out yet or not written?


message 23: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
Dee wrote: "I'm reading quite a few books, but I will choose two, so I don't keep you reading for too long. The first one is Interstellar by Greg Keyes, and is the novel for the ..."

haha sound very different! I love Sarah Dessen when I'm in the mood for that kind of book! I don't know how you read multiple at once. I don't have the brain power!


message 24: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 50 comments Mod
Jennifer wrote: "I just finished reading Shameless by Kelly Fox. Not sure what I’ll be picking up next. I’m also listening to The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean."

What is the Disappearing Spoon? Sounds interesting!


message 25: by Erin (new)

Erin | 6 comments Chloe wrote: "Erin wrote: "I'm reading Liz Harris' The Dark Horizon & really enjoying it. I'm already eagerly anticipating the next in the series."

Is it out yet or not written?"


Coming out 1st October so not too long a wait & plenty of promising reads to make my way through in between.


message 26: by Jess (new)

Jess (jessstarfire) | 9 comments Chloe wrote: "Jess wrote: "I'm starting the last book in the Sex and Sweet Tea series by Sawyer Bennett this weekend. I've really liked all of the books in this series but I'm really exciting for this last one (..."

It's such a cute series, and despite the name it's definitely what I would call a clean romance series.


message 27: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen Chloe wrote: "Gretchen wrote: "I am reading a couple of books right now. A cozy mystery called Midnight Snacks are Murder and a Harlequin special edition book called Second Chance Sweet Shop. Both books are pret..."

Yes, there are a lot of fun Holiday cozy mysteries that I want to read too.


message 28: by Berna (new)

Berna | 3 comments I am reading three books.
One is the group book. Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs in audibook format. I am enjoying it so far.
The other two books are ebooks and I am absolutely loving them. Kindred by Octavia Butler and Wayvard by Blake Crouch.


message 29: by Readsandeats (new)

Readsandeats | 19 comments Chloe wrote: "Jess wrote: "I'm starting the last book in the Sex and Sweet Tea series by Sawyer Bennett this weekend. I've really liked all of the books in this series but I'm really exciting for this last one (..."

Love the names of that series. Never read them. Would you recommend them Jess?


message 30: by Readsandeats (new)

Readsandeats | 19 comments I have three books on the go. Hoping to finish 2 of them this weekend.
Hope everyone had a good weekend and stays safe


back to top