What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Once Upon a Winter's Night (Faery, #1)
This topic is about Once Upon a Winter's Night
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Book about a young woman who is married off to a stranger, goes to his huge castle but she is not allowed see his face. He comes to her at night & they fall in love, but he warns her not to try & see his face or they'll be dire consequences. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Traci Hamilton (new)

Traci Hamilton | 4 comments Read this book over 15 years ago, was a kind of generic romance novel, probably not YA as it had some risque scenes in it. I believe it was a part of a series but I only read the first. I remember that after her new husband was taken away because she broke whatever curse he had and looked at his face, she had to go out looking for him and I believe I remember she traveled on a huge polar bear? Sounds weird when you throw it all together but looking back on it now i believe the concept was probably based on the Roman myth of Cupid and Psyche.

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2065 comments Pretty sure this is the fairy tale East of the Sun and West of the Moon. it's been told and retold by various authors so I'm not sure which version you would have read.

message 3: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Wiseman (gillianwiseman) | 148 comments You may be looking for Edith Pattou's retelling of East of the Sun, West of the Moon. It was called East. East

message 4: by Traci Hamilton (new)

Traci Hamilton | 4 comments Becca wrote: "Pretty sure this is the fairy tale East of the Sun and West of the Moon. it's been told and retold by various authors so I'm not sure which version you would have read."
It does sound like it, ill look up books based on that fairytale and hope for the best.

message 5: by Traci Hamilton (new)

Traci Hamilton | 4 comments Gillian wrote: "You may be looking for Edith Pattou's retelling of East of the Sun, West of the Moon. It was called East. East"
The title was longer than that and the young woman in the story had never met the man before she came to his castle.