The Midnight Readers discussion

✧ Readathons > September 5th 2020 Readathon

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by tay (new)

tay (taylor reads) (taylorangelina) | 168 comments i’ll join!

my time zone-PDT

my tbr-
two princes of summer
The Elite
Bone Crier’s Moon
The Winners Curse

message 2: by Lacey, Bookish Human (new)

Lacey (linguaphilelacey) | 2984 comments I'm joining! I might not be able to read as much because I'm visiting my grandparents, but I'll be able to read a lot in the car!

My time zone: EDT

My TBR:
Whatever I want, I'm too indecisive

message 3: by Aahana ♥ (new)

Aahana ♥ I would join, but, you know, my time zone thing :(

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ill join
Time zone: EDT
Book: the Diary of Anne Frank

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, but it’s taking me forever. I read like 2 hours yesterday and only got through 45 pages, I think the pages are longer than the normal one. But I only have around 90 out of 336 left.

message 6: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new)

Lillyyy | 5906 comments Reading reading reading

PDT

Read some ACOMAF
Finish Cinderella is Dead
Start The Darkest Minds

Rashi (The Reading Platter) (thereadingplatter) Is there a specific genre or something or just a fun readathon?

message 8: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollyabookdragon) I'll join!
CDT
tbr-
Cinderella is dead

message 9: by katie ❀, Bookish Potato (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) | 676 comments Sign me up!
time zone - PDT

TBR - it's too long for me to list here; it's over 200 books. see my bookshelves to see my TBR

message 10: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) i’ll join! my time zone is pst and my tbr is just to read whatever i got

message 11: by Samylla (new)

Samylla Pinheiro (samyllapinheiro) | 9 comments I'll join too! I don't know if I'll be able to do the 24 hours 'cause I'm studying on Sunday, but 12 hours I'm pretty sure i'll do

time zone: BST

tbr:
the first half of Wilder Girls
finish I Am Number Four and They Both Die at the End
and also The Lost Sisters (which is the only one that I haven't started yet but it's super short so I'm hoping I'll finish it too)

Rashi (The Reading Platter) (thereadingplatter) Ok so I'll join and according to the IST the readathon for me has already started 15 mins ago

TBR -
Rick dad poor dad
Finding Aurora
A man called Ove

message 13: by Lacey, Bookish Human (new)

Lacey (linguaphilelacey) | 2984 comments I can't wait!

message 14: by IzzyP73 (new)

IzzyP73 | 25 comments I'll join
Time Zone: EDT
My TBR: Becoming by Michelle Obama (Almost finished)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Mine starts in 2 hours now. I’m hoping to finish the The Diary of Anne Frank and read some more of Artemis Fowl 4.

Rashi (The Reading Platter) (thereadingplatter) I am almost 9 hours in and finished 1 book and also slept like a baby. XD

message 17: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new)

Lillyyy | 5906 comments It's 8:15 right now, I think I'm going to do a movie marathon and then have a quiet Spotify dance party in my room until midnight. Also, I have a new method for making my tea! So I don't have to go walking through the dark banging into stuff to get to the kitchen, I bring a bunch of the tea bags into my room and then for some unknown reason our water gets like steaming hot so I use hot water from the sink to make it. I don't know how well that's going to turn out, but oh well. Jeez it feels like it's been a long time since I've done a readathon if you can't tell I'm super excited lol

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll join too. According to IST, it is almost 9 am and I completed a full book :)

message 19: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) @Adela YES PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE

Rashi (The Reading Platter) (thereadingplatter) Halfway through the second one. Pretty proud of myself :)

message 21: by Lacey, Bookish Human (new)

Lacey (linguaphilelacey) | 2984 comments I’m just now starting reading, and I probably should be reading All American Boys, but my brain can’t handle that right now, so I’m reading The Mother-Daughter Book Club because I need something light and easy.

message 22: by Lacey, Bookish Human (new)

Lacey (linguaphilelacey) | 2984 comments I’m hoping to finish it around 5:00, but that’s just an estimate.

message 23: by Lacey, Bookish Human (new)

Lacey (linguaphilelacey) | 2984 comments I’m literally always in my bed during readathons 😂 I don’t know where else I would be.

message 24: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new)

Lillyyy | 5906 comments Alright it's 11:30 here and I officialy ended my movie marathon. Actually I just finished a Netflix series and anyways it was super dramatic and exciting so I'm super jumpy and hyper from it. I'm going to take a shower to try to calm down and then my readathon should start. Nice job on all of yours!

message 25: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new)

Lillyyy | 5906 comments Still super hyper, it's 12:00 though and I'm trying to get some reading in. Well, at least I'm not falling asleep any time soon

message 26: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new)

Lillyyy | 5906 comments Lacey wrote: "I’m literally always in my bed during readathons 😂 I don’t know where else I would be."

I didn't see this before because for some reason the stupid GR pages aren't automatically flipping, but yeah I literally have nowhere else to read in peace

message 27: by Lacey, Bookish Human (new)

Lacey (linguaphilelacey) | 2984 comments I’m going in the car so I won’t be able to update for a few hours.

message 28: by IzzyP73 (new)

IzzyP73 | 25 comments Finished Becoming by Michelle Obama

message 29: by Party Poison (new)

Party Poison [Disco Freak Show] (certifiedkilljoy) | 34477 comments I’m going to try to finish The Shadow Queen today. I’ll at least get to halfway.

message 30: by Samylla (new)

Samylla Pinheiro (samyllapinheiro) | 9 comments Ok guys so it’s 11:00 a.m. in my time zone but I fell asleep before midnight and only started reading an hour ago lol
Guess I lost my staying-awake power

Rashi (The Reading Platter) (thereadingplatter) I am left with more than 4 hours according to my time zone and I think I can complete 1 more book.
Kudos to the ones who completed their books though!

message 32: by Party Poison (new)

Party Poison [Disco Freak Show] (certifiedkilljoy) | 34477 comments @Adela I don’t know. School is starting for me again so I’d only be able to do weekends. I start school on Tuesday. Weekends are the best for them.

message 33: by Party Poison (new)

Party Poison [Disco Freak Show] (certifiedkilljoy) | 34477 comments Sure

message 34: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new)

Lillyyy | 5906 comments That's a good time. I fell asleep about one (oops) but now I'm really close to finishing Cinderella is Dead and I'm about 100% sure that I am going to. I think I'm going to start Cinder afterwards but there's no way I'm going to finish that. Maybe I'll get a lot done though

Rashi (The Reading Platter) (thereadingplatter) According to IST, the readathon for me is completed and I successfully finished 1 book and 80% of another.
It was nice talking and discussing with you all. Really enjoyed it. Wish you luck for your tbr ;)

message 36: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new)

Lillyyy | 5906 comments Thank you :) Hope you had fun

message 37: by Party Poison (new)

Party Poison [Disco Freak Show] (certifiedkilljoy) | 34477 comments I’m on page 178 of The Shadow Queen. That leaves another 209 pages. I must finish.

message 38: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollyabookdragon) I just finished Cinderella is dead

message 39: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollyabookdragon) it was pretty good, I rated it 3.5 stars

message 40: by Lacey, Bookish Human (new)

Lacey (linguaphilelacey) | 2984 comments It’s almost 8:00, and my goal is to finish The Mother-Daughter Book Club and get a big chunk out of A Grimm Warning.

message 41: by Party Poison (new)

Party Poison [Disco Freak Show] (certifiedkilljoy) | 34477 comments It is 9:03 and I’m on page 244 out of 387. This isn’t going to happen. I’ll just end up finishing tomorrow morning.

message 42: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollyabookdragon) so my final is I finished Cinderella is dead and the raven boys

message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 07, 2020 03:50PM) (new)

Ugh how did I miss this howwwwwwwwww lol