What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Thriller/crime set in Florida I think. A man lives by himself, and gets weird calls from his neighbour that leads to him getting involved in some trouble.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Hansen | 4 comments He starts dating the neighbour(i think) but she gets killed rather brutally by an explosion or some blast, that I seem to remeber is from a microwave or something.

Read it around 2017-18 but it is probaply older than that. The cover of the book had some yellow in it, I remember.It's not much I remeber about it, but I would really like to read it again. Maybe its classified as mystery, but its more of a thriller thing to me. Hope someone can help.

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat (tadpoledrain) | 131 comments Carl Hiaasen writes a lot of thrillers (comic/satire thrillers?) set in Florida. You can see all of his books for adults and read plot summaries here:
http://www.carlhiaasen.com/adults.shtml
A lot of the covers have at least some yellow on them, although I'm sure most of them have multiple editions.

message 3: by Gisell (new)

Gisell (gisellmiddleton) | 20 comments Tim Dorsey also writes comedic thrillers set in Florida featuring Serge Storms. All kinds of crazy things so there might be a microwave blowing up somewhere...
Tim Dorsey

message 4: by John (new)

John Green | 61 comments It might not be the book you're looking for but maybe Spider Robinson's Very Bad Deaths?

message 5: by John (new)

John Hansen | 4 comments John wrote: "It might not be the book you're looking for but maybe Spider Robinson's Very Bad Deaths?"

Thanks, I looked into that, but it wasnt that. But I appreciate it a lot! Thanks again.

message 6: by John (new)

John Hansen | 4 comments Gisell wrote: "Tim Dorsey also writes comedic thrillers set in Florida featuring Serge Storms. All kinds of crazy things so there might be a microwave blowing up somewhere...
Tim Dorsey"

Thank you, I checked all his books, but it wasn't him. Looks good, anyway, so I'll try one out anyway. I appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

message 7: by John (new)

John Hansen | 4 comments Kat wrote: "Carl Hiaasen writes a lot of thrillers (comic/satire thrillers?) set in Florida. You can see all of his books for adults and read plot summaries here:
http://www.carlhiaasen.com/adults.shtml
A lot ..."

Thank you for the effort, but it wasnt him. But I really appreciate it, thank you very much.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Very Bad Deaths (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Spider Robinson (other topics)
Tim Dorsey (other topics)