What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adventure/thriller about a massive iceberg breaking off Antarctica and the moving north causing havoc.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark | 5 comments I read the book in the early 1980’s which means it is probably from the mid-to-late 70s (though it could be earlier than that, or very early 80s (I graduated in ‘85, so I know I read before that.)).

There were at least three scientists that were trying to figure out ways to stop it. And at one point, I believe, it caused a red tide to come inshore and killed a bunch of people at a beach.

It’s a b/c-type thriller. Along the lines of Norman Bogner’s Snowman

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
What is b/c?

message 3: by Eugene (new)

Eugene Kuznetsov | 26 comments Trevor Hoyle's "Last Gasp", by any chance?

message 4: by Eugene (new)

Eugene Kuznetsov | 26 comments Or Crawford Killian's "Icequake".

Neither one seems to match exactly but both have some common elements.

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark | 5 comments B/c is like a b-listed or c-listed type book. One that you wouldn’t think to find at a Barnes & Noble (or Waldenbooks when I was growing up), but always seems to show up at a paperback exchange store, so people bought them somewhere.

back to top