What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young Adult Novel set in 1800s with girl getting vetoed for fighting for social change

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Siennabug (new)

Siennabug | 6 comments I read this book about 4 years ago about this main character who may have been send from out modern world to the past/a fairy tale.

“Spoilers”

She ends up falling in love with the prince there and gets into some trouble when she follows him to a club where men were writing journals for social change. She ends up going to a factory and interviewing child workers and publishing leaflets on how they had been treated in the factory. She has a friend that works in the castle gardens and he is also apart of this social justice “club”. I think some point in the book her mother is sick and she sees the prince who sends a doctor to her house (she is poor) and helps her mother start to get better. That is how the friendship inbetween the prince and her start. I think the doctor that helps her marries one of her friends later on. She also meets a lord who lets her read books at his house. This same lord holds an event where they play croquet. She is in her 17- early 20s.

Maybe a Cinderella spin off?

Honestly loved this book and just want to reread it thank you all for your help in advance!

message 2: by Siennabug (new)

Siennabug | 6 comments Okay I had the problem remembering the name of this book in the past I just looked at my last post and it was solved 🤦‍♀️ It’s the Ugly Stepsister by Aya Ling, you can remove this post sorry!!

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19680 comments Glad you found it!

The Ugly Stepsister for the link. No need to remove posts. It may be helpful for people searching in the future!