Booker of the Month discussion

The New Wilderness
This topic is about The New Wilderness
The New Wilderness > GENERAL DISCUSSION (spoilers!)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Deedi Brown (DeediReads) (deedireads) | 32 comments Mod
Hi y'all! Feel free to post your initial thoughts here as you finish the book.

— Deedi

Danielle (ilikebooksalatte) | 4 comments I finished the book about a week ago and I am STILL thinking about it. With the fires burning in the west, I felt like I was reading something that could be our future. I also liked the mother/daughter story. Still digesting but very excited to talk to the author later this month.

message 3: by Ang (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ang | 6 comments I've just started this one. I will join in when I've finished, probably in a few days to a week.

Lia (_Lia_Reads_) (_lia_reads_) | 6 comments I’m about halfway through the book and feeling really conflicted. I’m enjoying the concept and the characters, especially Agnes, but I’m getting hung up on Cook’s prose. At least I think that’s what my hang up is. It almost is TOO flowery and worked. Her descriptions of the wilderness are beautiful but almost too much. Anyone else feel the same or is it just me ??

message 5: by Ang (last edited Sep 27, 2020 03:57AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ang | 6 comments I finished the book last night and didn't like it. Sorry. I was just bored most of the time and thought it got more ridiculous as it went along.

Kate Carter-Brown | 1 comments Just finished this one... I have such mixed feelings! Parts of it were so evocative and interesting and other parts just fell so flat. The middle was kind of just a slog for me. I loved the idea of mirroring the issues within the world/environment in the mother/daughter relationships. However, I also felt like there was just so much going on that it all became a bit muddled.. still sorting it all out!