Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Dawn's August 2020

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1309 comments Sunset Beach by Mary Kay Andrews 3/5
While reading this I couldn't understand why I wasn't liking it more...I usually like the Hilderbrand books I read. Ummm...it wasn't the Hilderbrand book that I had requested. DUH. This is what Quarantine brain looks like.

The Long Call by Ann Cleeves 5/5
My first Ann Cleeves and won't be my last!

28 Summers by Erin Hilderbrand 4/5
Ahhh...this was the book I wanted to read

Turning Angel by Greg Iles 5/5
Crossing off books on my Determination List got me to finally start this series, and I'm so glad I did

The Silent Wife by Karin Slaughter 5/5
Loved it..its bittersweet...and I don't want to give anything away.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14682 comments OMG Dawn: I needed that laugh! I’m glad you eventually found the Hildebrand book! Great month, looking forward the the new Karin Slaughter and I know you will love the Penn Cage books, they are so very good. I like Mary Kay Andrews too! MKA is the pen name for Kathy Hogan Trocheck.

Dawn wrote: "Sunset Beach by Mary Kay Andrews 3/5
While reading this I couldn't understand why I wasn't liking it more...I usually like the Hilderbrand books I read. Ummm...it wasn't the Hilderbrand book that ..."

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1644 comments Fun list Dawn! I've never tried anything by Ann Cleeves, so I think I will check her out!

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3708 comments Dawn wrote: "Sunset Beach by Mary Kay Andrews 3/5
While reading this I couldn't understand why I wasn't liking it more...I usually like the Hilderbrand books I read. Ummm...it wasn't the Hilderbrand book that ..."

LOL, dawn! thanks for the laugh. i like MKA's books- she's quite entertaining but if you were expecting 28 Summers then i can see why you were disappointed!

message 5: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments Good list, I can relate to COVID brain

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 450 comments Dawn wrote: "Sunset Beach by Mary Kay Andrews 3/5

I'll have to check out the Two Rivers series by Cleeves. I loved the first few Shetland Island ones but didn't care for the Vera something ones.

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14682 comments Bonnie: I've wondered about the Vera series. I looked once to see if i had access to the tv series Vera but can't remember if I could access Acorn to see it. Anybody ever watch it?
Bonnie wrote: "I'll have to check out the Two Rivers series by Cleeves. I loved the first few Shetland Island ones but didn't care for the Vera something ones.
."

message 8: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 450 comments I have a friend who loves it. It may get better as it goes along. I just tried the first.

message 9: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3637 comments I have a case of COVID brain, too. Having trouble staying interested in a book!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

28 Summers (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kathy Hogan Trocheck (other topics)