Challenge Corner discussion

Artemis
This topic is about Artemis
Let's Buddy! - Science Fiction > Artemis by Andy Weir -> Starting September 9th, 2020

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 59403 comments Mod
Jazz Bashara is a criminal.

Well, sort of. Life on Artemis, the first and only city on the moon, is tough if you're not a rich tourist or an eccentric billionaire. So smuggling in the occasional harmless bit of contraband barely counts, right? Not when you've got debts to pay and your job as a porter barely covers the rent.

Everything changes when Jazz sees the chance to commit the perfect crime, with a reward too lucrative to turn down. But pulling off the impossible is just the start of her problems, as she learns that she's stepped square into a conspiracy for control of Artemis itself—and that now, her only chance at survival lies in a gambit even riskier than the first.

message 2: by ☘Misericordia☘ (last edited Sep 09, 2020 04:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣ (misericordia) | 602 comments Jasmine / Jazz the 'moon gal' / (view spoiler)

Love the Moon hype! (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

oo I think I will be joining this BR tomorrow. Still on a 32 hr one and I'm hoping to finish it today.

message 4: by ☘Misericordia☘ (last edited Sep 09, 2020 04:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣ (misericordia) | 602 comments (view spoiler)

Now, this made me mortally offended! What would she've said if someone went the same way about welders? (view spoiler)

message 5: by ☘Misericordia☘ (last edited Sep 09, 2020 05:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣ (misericordia) | 602 comments Alaina wrote: "oo I think I will be joining this BR tomorrow. Still on a 32 hr one and I'm hoping to finish it today."
I saw your 32 hr one and was intimidated into skipping it altogether :)))) No, really, listening for 32 hrs for Mr Paolini's latest is quite the task. I think I'll wait until the paper/ebook get published and only then will go all sci-fi alien artefacts!

Actually, a surprising-ish choice of subject / genre for him, isn't it?

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~ wrote: "Alaina wrote: "oo I think I will be joining this BR tomorrow. Still on a 32 hr one and I'm hoping to finish it today."
I saw your 32 hr one and was intimidated into skipping it altogether :)))) No,..."

I was so excited to get the audio eARC from NetGalley but then I saw how long it was and uhhh not even sure how I talked myself into starting it right now lol.

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Starting this audio now!

message 8: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ch 4: (view spoiler)

message 9: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ch 9: (view spoiler)

message 10: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ch 15: (view spoiler)
Finished: (view spoiler)

Deanie Nelder | 1067 comments Chapter 4 (view spoiler)

message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deanie wrote: "Chapter 4 [spoilers removed]"

LOL I love everything about this comment. All I can say is just wait.

Deanie Nelder | 1067 comments Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

message 14: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deanie wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]

Chapter 12 [spoilers removed]"

Is Alias.. the show with Jennifer Garner? Never seen it, but I have seen Leverage! Also never saw the Star Trek shows but I have seen the movies lol.

message 15: by Deanie (last edited Sep 13, 2020 11:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deanie Nelder | 1067 comments Alaina wrote: "Deanie wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]

Is Alias.. the show with Jennifer Garner? Never seen it, but I have seen Leverage! Also never saw the Star Trek shows bu..."

Yes, Alias with Jennifer Garner. She was a kick-ass spy. The show was awesome... well, at least at the beginning. Then she and her co-star Michael Vartan dated and then broke up and the show changed. It didn't get terrible... but her character's epic romance suddenly involved her real-life ex, so they did all kinds of things to keep them apart.

100% - The End (view spoiler)

message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deanie wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Deanie wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]

Is Alias.. the show with Jennifer Garner? Never seen it, but I have seen Leverage! Also never saw the Sta..."

Sounds like a good show, I wonder if it's on Amazon Prime or Hulu..

message 17: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Also yay! I'm glad you liked it!! It was a really enjoyable book and a nice surprise. Has Andy written a series?