Transgressive Fiction discussion

Donald Ray Pollok

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gerry (new)

Gerry | 32 comments I thought i would recommend this author to you all. I'd consider his writing to be transgressive fiction while it gets described, among other things, as hillbilly gothic. His first book, the devil all the time, which is a collection of interlinked stories, has been adapted to television and is due to be released on Netflix soon.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 247 comments Nice, didn't know that was being made into a TV series.

message 3: by Gerry (new)

Gerry | 32 comments Film not a tv series it turns out.

Anyone watched it yet? I thought it was pretty decent.

message 4: by Guy (new)

Guy Portman (guyportman) | 162 comments Gerry wrote: "I thought i would recommend this author to you all. I'd consider his writing to be transgressive fiction while it gets described, among other things, as hillbilly gothic. His first book, the devil ..."

Great author. Really enjoyed Knockemstiff

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Nider (natalienider) | 1 comments The Devil All The Time was a great novel. I saw the movie first (shame on me, I know) but I devoured the book more so. Pollock's writing style is conversational but still maintains that classic storytelling feel to it. It was twisted and thought provoking. I look forward to reading more of his work.

message 6: by Guy (new)

Guy Portman (guyportman) | 162 comments Natalie wrote: "The Devil All The Time was a great novel. I saw the movie first (shame on me, I know) but I devoured the book more so. Pollock's writing style is conversational but still maintains that classic sto..."

Thanks for the reminder, Natalie. Had forgotten 'The Devil All The Time' was on my TBR. Agree about the conversational/classic storytelling feel point. 'Knockemstiff' is a memorable read.