Play Book Tag discussion

The State of Grace
This topic is about The State of Grace
September 2020: Psychological > (Poll Ballot Tally) The State of Grace by Rachael Lucas - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 5094 comments Grace is a 15-year-old autistic girl who is just trying to navigate her way through life. She has to deal with school where her nemesis is the popular girl who looks down on anyone not in her circle. She has a crush on a popular boy, and wonders what it means when he talks to her. Her father's job takes him away for weeks at a time and her mother has a new friend that Grace and her sister do not like at all. About the only time Grace feels at peace and happy is when she is riding her horse, Mabel.

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, and its first-person perspective has more meaning because the author is autistic herself, so we get to see what the world looks like through her eyes. It's very thought-provoking and I highly recommend it.

message 2: by NancyJ (new) - added it

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5676 comments Nice review Anna. It's great that we're getting books from people who can write about autism from personal experience. I'd like to read this too.

annapi | 5094 comments I got an email about #OwnVoices with a list of recommended books, and they had quite a few interesting-sounding ones. This is the first I've read, and will be looking for others.

Here's the link, but for some reason this book is not on it, and I think I already deleted the email I got. https://kcls.bibliocommons.com/list/s...

message 4: by Joi (new) - added it

Joi (missjoious) | 3824 comments Autistic POV by an autistic author, love it. Added to the TBR.