The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2020 > 25.8 - Amy FL's Task: My Favorite Musicals

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Sep 03, 2020 04:05AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4964 comments Mod
25.8 - Amy FL's task: My Favorite Musicals

I’m very fortunate to live near a venue that features touring companies from Broadway. I’ve seen lots of shows there including revivals and new productions of dramas, comedies, and especially musicals. There have been many standouts (and a few duds) but two that I particularly enjoyed were Movin’ Out and Beautiful.

Movin’ Out was more like a concert than a play. It featured the music of Billy Joel performed by an awesome band that was accompanied by amazing dancers. Beautiful is the story of the early life and career of Carole King. It was really tough not to sing along during both of these shows because the music was so wonderful and familiar.

This is a two-book task. Please select two different options and read one book for each.
Required: Identify the options when you post.
No books with the MPG of children or kids may be used.

Option 1: Read a book by a single author whose initials can be found in CAROLE KING or BILLY JOEL. All initials count.

Option 2: Since both of these artists grew up in New York, read a book with a word in the title that appears in the lyrics of Billy Joel’s New York State of Mind. The word must be at least 4 letters long and match exactly. Subtitles are excluded.
Required: State the word.

Option 3: These shows are referred to as jukebox musicals. Enjoy a bit of background music (totally optional) while reading a book from this list of Best Music Books.
Required: State the page number where your book appears.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1307 comments reserved

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1307 comments reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4964 comments Mod
This help thread is open!