The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2020 > 25.7 - Sally M's Task: Happily Ever After

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Sep 02, 2020 11:05AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4964 comments Mod
25.7 - Sally M's Task: Happily Ever After

Romance novels are the main thing getting me through these rough times, and I’m always eager to both share and receive awesome recommendations. Enjoy!

Read two books, from two different options. One of your books may have an MPG of Sequential Art, Comics, Manga, or Graphic Novel.

REQUIRED: Indicate the options you chose.

Option 1: In honor of two of my favorite tropes, read a book where all the author’s initials can be found in FAKE DATING or THERE’S ONLY ONE BED. Letters may be used only as often as they appear in the target phrase.

Option 2: In honor of diversity in publishing, read a book by an author included in the list 2020 Adult Romance by Authors of Color.
You are free to read the 2020 release featured on the list or another of their books.
REQUIRED: State the page where the author appears.

Option 3: In honor of my absolute favorite bookstore, The Ripped Bodice, read one of their bestselling or award-winning books.

Their 2017, 2018, and 2019 bestsellers can be found* in that year’s The State of Racial Diversity in Romance Publishing Report. (Note there is no list included in their 2016 report.)
Their 2019 award winners can be found here: The Ripped Bodice Awards for Excellence in Romantic Fiction

*A list of all these books can also be found in message 2 of the help thread.

Option 4: In honor of happy endings, read a book with the MPG Romance that ALSO has one of the following words in the title, subtitle, or series name: Happily, Happy, Wedding, Kiss, Love. The word must match exactly.

Examples: Happily Ever Ninja, Kiss Me Every Day, The Proposal (The Wedding Date #2), The Right Swipe (Modern Love #1)

message 2: by Sally (last edited Sep 02, 2020 11:10AM) (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Ripped Bodice Bestsellers 2017
A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas
An Extraordinary Union by Alyssa Cole
Heroine Complex by Sarah Kuhn
Heroine Worship by Sarah Kuhn
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Haven by Rebekah Weatherspoon
The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Hate to Want You by Alisha Rai
A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet

Ripped Bodice Bestsellers 2018
A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
An Extraordinary Union by Alyssa Cole
Heroine's Journey by Sarah Kuhn
Heroine Complex by Sarah Kuhn
The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare
Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton

Ripped Bodice Bestsellers 2019
Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
Rafe by Rebekah Weatherspoon
Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev
I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn
Beard With Me by Penny Reid
The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi

2019 Award Winners
American Love Story by Adriana Herrera
A Prince on Paper by Alyssa Cole
An Unconditional Freedom by Alyssa Cole
Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert
Mrs. Martin’s Incomparable Adventure by Courtney Milan
Once Ghosted, Twice Shy by Alyssa Cole
The Austen Playbook by Lucy Parker
Trashed by Mia Hopkins
Xeni: A Marriage of Inconvenience by Rebekah Weatherspoon

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4964 comments Mod
This help thread is open!

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7753 comments Yay a task all about romance novels!

message 6: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Dee wrote: "Yay a task all about romance novels!"

A total dream, right?!

message 7: by Aprilleigh (new)

Aprilleigh (aprilleighlauer) | 1197 comments Please note It's In His Kiss for MPG Romance.

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly29) | 175 comments Love this task! For Option 4 - Would you consider adding the plural "Loves" ? One True Loves

message 9: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) | 1511 comments May I get Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding noted as MPG Romance?

message 10: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Aprilleigh wrote: "Please note It's In His Kiss for MPG Romance."

Noted!

message 11: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Sue wrote: "May I get Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding noted as MPG Romance?"

Noted!

message 12: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Kelly wrote: "Love this task! For Option 4 - Would you consider adding the plural "Loves" ? One True Loves"

Sadly no, the word must match exactly. Hope you find another book for the task!

message 13: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) | 1511 comments Sally wrote: "Sue wrote: "May I get Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding noted as MPG Romance?"

Noted!"

Thank you!

message 14: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly29) | 175 comments Sally wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Love this task! For Option 4 - Would you consider adding the plural "Loves" ? One True Loves"

Sadly no, the word must match exactly. Hope you find another book for th..."

Fair enough, thanks for answering!

message 15: by Trish (last edited Sep 10, 2020 06:44AM) (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2571 comments Hi, Sally.

Could you confirm Love Her to Death for MPG Romance, with Love in the title, for option 4. The MPG is there on my screen, but only for two users, so it may disappear.

Or failing that, Love Her to Death has rather more users for Romance.

Thanks.

message 16: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Trish wrote: "Hi, Sally.

Could you confirm Love Her to Death for MPG Romance, with Love in the title, for option 4. The MPG is there on my screen, but only for two users, so it may disappear.

Or..."

Looks like you shared the same book twice, but I see Romance there, so you're all good.

message 17: by Trish (last edited Sep 10, 2020 11:10PM) (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2571 comments I did, didn't I. Doh. The second one was supposed to be Eat, Pray, Love

I have a new keyboard, and the Fn key is where the CTRL key normally is, so when I try to paste using the CTRL key, I miss, and then I don't always notice that I haven't pasted what I intended!

Thanks for confirming.

message 18: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Trish wrote: "I did, didn't I. Doh. The second one was supposed to be Eat, Pray, Love

I have a new keyboard, and the Fn key is where the CTRL key normally is, so when I try to paste using the CTRL ..."

No worries! Noting this for Romance as well.

message 19: by JC (new)

JC (jmnc) | 640 comments Can you please confirm MPG Romance for GI Brides: The Wartime Girls Who Crossed the Atlantic for Love?

message 20: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments JC wrote: "Can you please confirm MPG Romance for GI Brides: The Wartime Girls Who Crossed the Atlantic for Love?"

Noted! Enjoy!