GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Debut author > Seeking review of edgy short story collection

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (new)

Rob Dinsmoor | 14 comments Toxic Cookout places ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances. Here’s a quick sample of the stories:
• An unsuspecting yoga teacher finds himself in the world of horror writer H.P. Lovecraft in at the Arkham YMCA.
• A paranoid writer is convinced that the family cookout he’s attending is unwholesome, if not downright dangerous.
• A retired school teacher watches a tiny civilization evolve in his neighbor’s garage.
• A man’s GPS system leads him to Antarctica—and somewhere even more remote.
• A spoiled rich girl from Manchester-by-the-Sea takes advantage of a global warming crisis to go surfing at Good Harbor Beach in winter.
• People caught in a pyramid scheme start to lose their humanity—literally.
• An artistic couple finds an ideal spot in Florida—well, except for the time-traveling worm holes.
• A young man moving to New York in the 1980s finds out the truth about his reputedly mob-connected super.

“In Toxic Cookout, protagonist and plot are adeptly textured with perfect measures of irony, humor, and insight to make for a marvelous repast.”—Michael C. Keith, author of Stories in the Key of Me.

“Full of thrills and chills, deft humor, and ghostly goings-on, Toxic Cookout is a blistering compilation of Rob Dinsmoor’s most provocative and compelling tales.”—Nicholas Lichtfield, author of Swampjack Virus and Editor of Lowestoft Chronicle.

“Toxic Cookout is equal parts perceptive, humorous, and bizarre. Ranging from mystical to futurist, Dinsmoor’s wild scenarios create the perfect backdrop as his characters attempt to control, correct, or co-conspire with the universe.”—Jen Knox, author of Resolutions.

message 2: by Ed (new)

Ed Morawski | 2 comments So send me a private message and I'll provide an email you can send a copy to and I'll review it.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Bannister (mommybannister) | 15 comments I'm Interested in reviewing the book what format do you have

message 4: by Ed (new)

Ed Morawski | 2 comments Nicole wrote: "I'm Interested in reviewing the book what format do you have"

Good luck getting a response - I've been waiting 9 days

message 5: by Noel (new)

Noel Silvia | 2 comments Rob wrote: "Toxic Cookout places ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances.

Sounds like a great premise. PM me and I'll give it a review.