Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Head scratcher

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex Garcia (alexsgarcia) | 11 comments So here's a weird one...

Back in 2012 I published (on Amazon) a new edition of "Alice in Wonderland" as an ebook. It also included "Through the looking glass" but also a lot of brand new material, such as interviews with the characters, book reviews, a biography of Lewis Carroll, etc.

I added the book to Goodreads shortly after the book's release. The entry is here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Now it's been a few years, so I can't recall if I linked it as an alternate edition of "Alice in Wonderland". My gut tells me I did not, because technically it isn't, since it also includes the sequel plus all that new material. Though I did, of course, credit Lewis Carroll as the author.

However, some time later, I noticed that the book now appeared twice on my authors page, with the same cover but different data. Here's the second entry:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

I'm guessing someone must have either linked my original entry as an edition, or re-added the book from Amazon without noticing that it was already there. Either way, the end result is a bit of a mess:

Link 1 (my original) : everything is good except the 'get a copy' section where NONE of the links are valid. Plus the illustrator is not credited.

Link 2 (the dupe) : the illustrator is credited, the Amazon links in 'get a copy' are good (but not any of the others), the ASIN is correct, but this one is obviously linked as an edition of Carroll's novel, with all the reviews for every edition included below, so that I have no way of knowing if any are actually for my book :o

Though I'm a Librarian, I have to say I'm stumped with this one. Not sure how to fix it, since there are two entries for the same edition...

Could someone please help clean this mess up?

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Alex wrote: "So here's a weird one...

Back in 2012 I published (on Amazon) a new edition of "Alice in Wonderland" as an ebook. It also included "Through the looking glass" but also a lot of brand new material,..."

reviewing

message 3: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Suzi wrote: "Alex wrote: "So here's a weird one...

Back in 2012 I published (on Amazon) a new edition of "Alice in Wonderland" as an ebook. It also included "Through the looking glass" but also a lot of brand ..."

another librarian is managing this, so I leave it to them.

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex Garcia (alexsgarcia) | 11 comments Yes, there only was the Kindle release, nothing else so far.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Garcia (alexsgarcia) | 11 comments OK, thanks to both of you.