Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader Available

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie (new)

Annie | 1 comments Hi, I'm Annie!

As an avid reader, I love reading YA, romance, fantasy, and historical fiction. I enjoy nearly every other genre as well, but I do tend to stay away from science-fiction.

If you're interested, feel free to leave a reply or email me at a.annie.0314@gmail.com!

message 2: by Cristy (new)

Cristy L. Bowlin (cristylbowlin) | 1 comments Hi Annie!

I'm looking for beta readers for my YA fantasy book. I'll email you some more details.

message 3: by Kenny (new)

Kenny (kenny_valentine) | 61 comments Hi Annie, I just sent you an email!

message 4: by Author56 (new)

Author56 | 110 comments Hello.
I have a novel you might be interested in. I'll email you.

message 5: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (janelle_in_idaho) | 2 comments Hello. I send you an email. Thanks!

message 6: by Molly (new)

Molly Stegall (mollystegall) | 193 comments Hello, I have recently finished my Fantasy book: Ashes of Revenge (96k words). I would describe this as a YA Fantasy book and would love to have a Beta Reader(s) read and review it! If you would only be willing/able to do a chapter or two that is fine as well!
Thank you!

Five Kingdoms and five species are on the brink of war in the land of Corrail: a territory with nothing to offer but violence and hate. When the Monstro King issues an ultimatum for the other Kingdoms to either join him or go to war, those traits intensify and the possibility of war becomes a reality. 

Trying to stop the Kingdoms from wiping out one another is Raven, a badly burned Mundus who wants nothing more than for the Mundus King, her being one of his victims from his cowardice ruling. Helping her is an anxiety-ridden Shifter named Colt and an overly strict Farian called Richard.

The three different species have a simple plan: destroy the Monstro villages - a Kingdom known for its terrifying nights, brutal King, and horrific subjects - and work their way across the map until a new Mundus Ruler is crowned and the threat of war is gone. However, their plot is halted when Death derails their path and causes them to go into the Mundus Kingdom, not liking them destroying his favorite of the Kingdoms. The trio changes tactics but keeps their initial goal at the forefront: revenge and peace. 

Please PM me :)

message 7: by Allison (new)

Allison Grey (allisongrey) | 15 comments Hi Annie,

I just sent you an email - I look forward to hearing from you!

Allison

message 8: by Alegra (new)

Alegra Sterling (enchantedink) | 5 comments Hello Annie, how funny this sounds. That's my name too. I'm in search for one more beta. My story is high fantasy lots of magic. It's a novella.

I would be highly interested. Would love to work with you. I have recenly published one short story I'm going for my second book.

Look forward to talking soon. Take care.
Ann.

message 9: by Abby (new)

Abby Wadlington | 23 comments Hey, Annie!

Not sure if you're still available to beta read, but if you are and would be interested in my young adult fantasy, I would LOVE your feedback! You wouldn't need to read the entire manuscript if you don't want to. Any amount of feedback would help! Just let me know if you're interested! Thanks!

Some basic information about the manuscript:
Title: Stellar
Word Count: Roughly 93K words
Brief Summary: Lucine Callisto, daughter of an astronomer and hater of all things galactic, discovers that she is descended from the moon. With the help of other Stellars--children born of galactic bodies, she must find a way to stop a soul-stealing Sun descendant from further wreaking havoc in her town.

message 10: by Jeff (new)

Jeff | 5 comments Hi, Annie.
If you've recovered from that last round of requests, maybe you'd be willing to read this, I'll be so grateful!
White Boy (deconstructed)
Memoir/hybrid/literary
57,000 words
This is the story of a boy who discovers that his troubles are more than hormones, are greater than the boy or even his siblings. The trouble is with his parents and the children they once had been, but also with the time and place in which everyone found themselves —and on a much larger scale, about what it means to be alive, to witness civilizations colliding, continents slamming into each other, and the universe expanding. Childhood and identity can feel like a complicated series of accidents. Sometimes it’s funny. Looked at from a certain distance, even the rough parts are hilarious, if tragic.

I'm an English teacher, so the grammar and mechanics should be pretty solid. And I have an MFA, too.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, Jeff (he/him)

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mohammed | 2 comments Hello, I'm sending you a story too! Hope you enjoy it and looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you!

message 12: by Dave (new)

Dave Johnson | 15 comments Hello

I am looking for a beta reader for the third novel in my time-travel adventure series, 'Stuck (1595) A Dickensian Tale'. My books are not science fiction (apart from the whole idea of having a time machine!) they are about history and about the struggles of three children working together to achieve a goal whilst stuck in time.

In my first book they travelled back to 1940s Britain (WW2), in the second they went back to Elizabethan times and in this book, they travel back to the nineteenth-century where they meet a very young Charles Dickens and also several historical figures from the Anti-Slavery Society.

Whilst the books can be read by 8+, I feel they are more suitable for the Y/A market. Parents love them too, (but that's just the kind of thing I would like your opinion on). Also, I'm British and the book is set in London, I'd love to know you think they would be received by people from other countries.

Thanks, I do hope you are interested - can supply my book in a range of formats (Mobi, epub, pdf, Word)

Dave

message 13: by Klaudia (new)

Klaudia Miel (klaumiel) | 2 comments Hi, I am a newbie in this world or authors and writers.😊
I am finishing my first draft of my first ever book, and I’m looking for a beta reader.Someone who will give me an honest opinion about my story. A contemporary romance, troupe: sweet and steamy friends to lovers/ love triangle story.
I am not a native English speaker that’s why the more honest the opinion the better. I don’t mind the criticism, it helps me improve 😊
Thank you ❤️