What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Historical Fiction Scottish Rebellion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caleb (new)

Caleb | 1 comments I read the book in junior high in 1995 and the book was quite old. It had to do with a young man that was caught up in or observed the events of a rebellion in Scotland (or or possibly Ireland).

I remember the Scots armed themselves with pikes and fought against cavalry. I think it took place in the 1700s.

The book seems like it could have been written by a GA Henty-like author. It could have been him for all I remember. It seems like it was easier to read than anything by Sir Walter Scott.

message 2: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Stewart | 4 comments Maybe The Celtic Crusade Series by Stephen Lawhead?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Sep 01, 2020 11:56PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 39583 comments Mod
Reminds me a bit of The History of Henry Esmond by Thackeray, which is mostly a love story.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Sep 02, 2020 09:49AM) (new)

Kris | 35346 comments Mod
Caleb, that's a good start. Copy plot details (incl. main character, year read) from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone could recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 5: by Tina (last edited Sep 02, 2020 10:05AM) (new)

Tina (tinatome) | 28 comments The Iron Lance for the click to the series in Ruby's suggestion

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 52 comments Well, GA Henty did write In Freedom's Cause: A Story of Wallace and Bruce about William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. But that was the 1200s. . . .