YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BOOK TALK > Asian Authors & Books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aria ・❥・Biblioaria ˚ · . (biblioaria) | 129 comments I need some recommendations on books by Asian authors, books that have Asian representation or are inspired by. Being Asian, one of my reading goals now that I started reading again is to read more books that represents me. :)

Looking for books similar to The Poppy War, The Bone Witch, ect.

Many thanks and looking forward to your recommendations. :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22812 comments Mod
These are some books that I have not read yet but am looking forward to reading this year.

Rent a Boyfriend by Gloria Chao K-pop Confidential by Stephan Lee

This is a series that I read years ago. Sadly the third book is still not out but I'm 90% sure it's by an Asian author and it's really good.

Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1) by Lori M. Lee she also has a new series out that I've been meaning to try Forest of Souls (Shamanborn, #1) by Lori M. Lee

Also Seven Deadly Shadows by Courtney Alameda this is also another book I read. It wasn't my favorite but it wasn't bad. :)

Also Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1) by Natasha Ngan Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox, #1) by Julie Kagawa Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1) by Renée Ahdieh

Risuko A Kunoichi Tale (Seasons of the Sword #1) by David Kudler another book I liked but it taking a long time for the sequel.

Aria ・❥・Biblioaria ˚ · . (biblioaria) | 129 comments Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "These are some books that I have not read yet but am looking forward to reading this year.

Rent a Boyfriend by Gloria ChaoK-pop Confidential by Stephan Lee

This is a series that I rea..."

Thanks Anna! I'll check all of these out. Maybe we can read something before the year ends. :)

I have read Flame in the Mist though. Not my favorite from Renee Adieh but I loved her The Wrath and the Dawn!

I'm really looking forward to the Kpop Confidential! :)

I wish there were more Asian themed books. I love Asian dramas and I can never find many Asian books that are fantasy or historical to my liking. :S

Also while I was looking I did notice this book Magic Dark and Strange by Kelly Powell it's not Asian themed or by an Asian author but the blurb says

The Bone Witch meets Sherlock Holmes in this thrilling historical fantasy about a girl with the ability to raise the dead who must delve into her city’s dangerous magical underworld to stop a series of murders.

So I thought you might like it. :)

message 7: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Sep 01, 2020 05:26PM) (new)

I forgot some The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu Adaptation (Adaptation, #1) by Malinda Lo Silver Phoenix (Kingdom of Xia, #1) by Cindy Pon

Aria ・❥・Biblioaria ˚ · . (biblioaria) | 129 comments kdramas are the bomb! have you tried any of the Maurene Goo books? I heard they're sort of kdramas as well only in book format?

Aria ・❥・Biblioaria ˚ · . (biblioaria) | 129 comments i added both books to my tbr! haha maybe we can do a buddy read when it comes out.

Aria ・❥・Biblioaria ˚ · . (biblioaria) | 129 comments i really appreciate all the recommendations. :)