The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE - BOTM nominations > October 2020 themed BotM nominations

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5150 comments Our winning theme for October is "People who practice magic." Please nominate a book with witches, wizards, magicians, etc that you would like to read and discuss with the group here. If it is not immediately obvious how your book fits the theme, please give a quick explanation for your nomination.

* Our rules for general nominations also apply to this thread.
* You can nominate one book in each thread: general nominations and themed nomination

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracylemos) | 242 comments Elizabeth's Legacy by Victor Kloss

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 10 comments The Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson

message 6: by Lex (last edited Sep 02, 2020 06:12AM) (new)

Lex (lexi_liese) | 136 comments I haven't read it, so I don't know if it truly qualifies, so hopefully someone can shed more light on that, but I would like to nominate (pending approval)

I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem by Maryse Condé

message 7: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5150 comments Lex wrote: "I haven't read it, so I don't know if it truly qualifies, so hopefully someone can shed more light on that, but I would like to nominate (pending approval)

[book:I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem|89..."

When I first looked at the book's page I thought it wouldn't work because the Salem "witches" weren't really witches practicing magic. However, the blurb says she was taught magic and that the book combines history & fantasy. Since it also has a main page genre of "Paranormal > Witches" I'm going to guess that it will work. So, unless someone who has read it states that it definitely doesn't have magic/witches, I'm going to add it to the poll.

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 145 comments I nominate The Witching Hour

message 9: by Lex (new)

Lex (lexi_liese) | 136 comments Kristie wrote: "Lex wrote: "I haven't read it, so I don't know if it truly qualifies, so hopefully someone can shed more light on that, but I would like to nominate (pending approval)

[book:I, Tituba, Black Witch..."

Thank you!

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Forsström | 10 comments Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

message 12: by The (new)

The (the_little_scholar) | 18 comments I would like to nominate The Familiars by Stacey Halls, est during the Pendle Hill Witch Trials.

message 13: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5150 comments Jenny wrote: "Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett"

Sorry Jenny. This is Discworld #6 and Witches #2. Books can only be standalone or first in a series.

message 14: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Sep 07, 2020 10:52AM) (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.