The Cat Corner =^._.^= ∫ discussion

New Here? > Cat Chats

Comments Showing 1-50 of 135 (135 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Rebekah, Crazy Cat Lady (new)

Rebekah (bekahkc) | 53 comments Mod
Chat about anything! (not just cats, although cats too XD)

message 2: by Rebekah, Crazy Cat Lady (new)

mmm pretty uneventful. I mostly read lol

message 3: by Rebekah, Crazy Cat Lady (new)

What about you?

message 4: by Rebekah, Crazy Cat Lady (new)

Oh wow that's a lot of reading

message 5: by Rebekah, Crazy Cat Lady (new)

That's good. I haven't done a buddy read in awhile

message 6: by Rebekah, Crazy Cat Lady (new)

She started school today :(

message 7: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

ally (celaena_coin) | 173 comments Mod
Lol yeah, I was on really early but for like one minute. I just got home.

message 8: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

Adela wrote: "So, I'm gonna start my comment by talking about cats. I'm allergic. It's tragic. I'm hoping I can grow out of it soon or I'll just either live off of allergy medication or get hypoallergenic cats f..."

How allergic are you??

message 9: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Adela wrote: "Also, could one of the mods please think about making a music folder? I love listening to music, so I'd love to discuss songs, playlists, artists, and stuff like that if that's okay! Thanks <3"

Done :)

I didn't make it though!

message 10: by Rebekah, Crazy Cat Lady (new)

I'm also allergic to cats :( not too badly (thankfully) but when I first got my cat I got rashes on my arms and constantly had a runny nose! I got used to her I guess over time

message 11: by Rebekah, Crazy Cat Lady (new)

sad ::(

message 12: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Adela wrote: "@Ally, pretty allergic. My face puffs up and I get a rash on my arms. Also sneezing, coughing, and super red eyes"

I don't know what to reply to this, lol

message 13: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Em wrote: "You don't have to reply to everything hehehe"

I know, though I really wanted to say something that is comforting..

message 14: by Aarja (last edited Sep 02, 2020 10:43AM) (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Oh myyyyy!!

Strange enough, I find her cute! Just look at her face, and eyes! Awwww

Though, I know, without fur, is weird..

message 15: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany People who are allergic to cats are also allergic to hairless cats because it's the cat's dander, not its fur, that is allergenic.

message 16: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Tiffany wrote: "People who are allergic to cats are also allergic to hairless cats because it's the cat's dander, not its fur, that is allergenic."

Ya, I know! Though all I could see was a cute those cats are...<3

message 17: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I love Sphynxs. I wish I had one!! They're adorable

message 18: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Em wrote: "These are still cute, but they are a bit.... creepy"

Ya... Smthing like a pig's body, and a cat's face. Though, no offense to these cats

message 19: by Rebekah, Crazy Cat Lady (new)

LOL I think sphinx cats are terrifying!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Does anyone know how to deal with an energetic cat who won’t stay out of a renovating room??

message 21: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Hi :)

message 22: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments Aria wrote: "Does anyone know how to deal with an energetic cat who won’t stay out of a renovating room??"

Can you confine your cat in another room until renovations are complete? I have done that a few times lately while my gas meter was being relocated...not longterm, though. I have a room which can be closed off by large double doors. I put my cat's litter box in that room and put her food and water dishes on the far side of the room, away from the litter box. I also made sure her favorite bed and toys were there. She was fine. The noise from the utility work got a bit loud, so then I took a cd player into her room, too. Of interest is that I put in a special cat relaxation cd...forget that with my cat, Clara. The bird sounds drove her crazy! Amazingly, I discovered Clara is an Elvis fan! I tried several cd's, to no avail. Then I played an Elvis cd. Much to my surprise, Clara ran to the cd player, stretched out in front of it and remained there for the duration of the meter work, just staring at the speakers! It was the funniest thing! In any case, I hope you can solve your dilemma!🐱🐈💞📻🎶💿
Pamela

message 23: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Wow, that's cute!

message 24: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments Clara is the funniest cat I have ever had. She's handicapped, too, so it's especially amazing that she has such a strong personality!
Her "Cat"titude is that it's ALL about Clara! I'm convinced that, because of her physical disability, she had to develop a "survival" personality as a kitten...and it stuck! LOL!!!🐱
Pamela
*If you go to my profile page and click on my photos, you'll see a picture of her and her ectrodactyly (Lobster Claw) paw. Her leg bone is split all the way to her shoulder, so she simply throws her leg out to the side when she walks or runs. It doesn't slow her down at all!

message 25: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

Awww <333 I'm going to look at it right now!!!

message 26: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments Does anybody else have trouble with their cat chewing on electric cords around the house? My cat, Clara is obsessed with doing this!😳 I went to the hardware store and bought lots of the smallest diameter pieces of foam pipe insulation and wrapped every single cord with it. It does the job, however, it does nothing for the "decor" throughout my house! 😝 I'm wondering if anybody else has this problem, and what have you found that works if you do have the same problem? 🐱💡🔌🤔
Pamela

message 27: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

My cat does not do that, she just “eats” plastic and makes LOTS of noise at night 😂

message 28: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments Ally wrote: "My cat does not do that, she just “eats” plastic and makes LOTS of noise at night 😂"

My other cat, Sarah, is obsessed with chewing on plastic, too! I don't get it! She is also the loudest of my 2 cats at night. 🛌📢🐈😴😳

message 29: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

Hahhaha I KNOW!!!!!

message 30: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments Ally wrote: "Hahhaha I KNOW!!!!!"

I just noticed on your profile page that you want to read "None Shall Sleep"...Perhaps both of our cats have already read that book! LOL!!! 😅😂🤣😊
Pamela

message 31: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

XDDDDDDD 🤣 ahahhahahhaha yessssss!!!!

message 32: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Oh, thats sad..

message 33: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

🤣😱🤭😐

message 34: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

Lol

message 35: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments Have you seen the cat litter called Neon Litter? It's made in a variety of colors. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I wonder if the dye could discolor cat's fur or cause trouble if ingested? I entered a giveaway at a pet store and this litter will be the prize. So, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the litter?

www.neonlitter.com

message 36: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

Woah, that looks really cool!! Never heard of it though!!!

message 37: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments If I win the litter, I'll let you know what I think of it.

message 38: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments Em wrote: "@Pamela, I saw you liked historical books, so I highly recommend Ship of Fate The Story of the MV Wilhelm Gustloff (Kindle Single) by Roger Moorhouse if you have Kindle. It's a nonfiction book about the devasta..."

I don't have Kindle. I wonder if it's availabe in a regular book? It looks good and I am always interested in reading about things like that. Thank you!

message 39: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments Em wrote: "It's available for 5.99 on Amazon! Your library might have it, but it's very unheard of."

I'll check Amazon...thanks!

message 40: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments Just stopping by to say good morning to everyone! Still waiting for Goodreads to get back to normal.😕

message 41: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

I KNOW! :((((

message 42: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

:"(

message 43: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments I think Goodreads is finally getting back to normal! 🎈🎉👍👏😀

message 44: by ally, Cat Whisperer (new)

YAYYAYAYAY

message 45: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments Em J. wrote: "Dog Chat!

My neighbors have like 5 dogs, they are basically barn dogs, they live outside. One of the dogs used to come over here a lot and I'd play with her. One day she stopped coming over at all..."

That's annoying and I can understand your irritation. I know some people who have dogs and cats who basically don't pay any attention to them. It irritates me. My pets have always been family members. In fact, my cats basically run the house...I just live with them! 🤣😂😄

message 46: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany That's really rude and strange. Poor dog :(

message 47: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments I just took my cat (Sarah) to the vet for her anal gland abcess. It was a new vet. Our old vet was convinced it was cancer and thought we would need to have Sarah put down. I wanted a second opinion, so made an appointment with a different vet. He gave her a complete exam and checked her very thoroughly internally. It is not cancer at all! Sarah just has unusually small anal glands which the vet will need to express every few months and she will be just fine. I am so relieved and am glad I got another opinion! Lesson learned...don't rely on only one opinion when told the worst! I'm feeling very thankful today!😊😺🙏
Pamela

message 48: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments I know! Had I listened to our old vet, Sarah would be gone.

message 49: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments Oh! Poor kitty! I always get so upset when my cats have to go to the vet!

message 50: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 120 comments She is safer in one room, but if she's like my cats she won't like it. Cats like their routines. I'll keep you and your kitty in my thoughts and prayers. Our pets are like children to us and it is so worrisome when they are not well.

« previous 1 3