What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Psychological Thriller. Abusive husband (businessman) kills wife’s pet. Near London.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Jensen | 3 comments Read this book in the last couple years. Possibly even this last year (2019/2020). I -believe- it took place in the UK but I could be confusing it with another I read around the same time. I do remember the general theme of the book was a narcissistic husband. He got his wife a kitten (maybe a puppy but pretty sure it was a cat ) to make up for hurting her. I believe they were also trying to get pregnant but they were unsuccessful and he ends up getting jealous of the kitten because she loves it so much and he kills it while she isn’t home. He tells her that he found the kitten that way, and blamed it on her leaving cleaning supplies out and saying the kitten got into it and poisoned itself. I think??

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35768 comments Mod
Lauren, what's the genre (which we need to add to the topic header/title) - e.g., adult horror, thriller?

What are the main character's jobs? How did the couple meet? Do they live in a large city like London?

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Jensen | 3 comments Kris wrote: "Lauren, what's the genre (which we need to add to the topic header/title) - e.g., adult horror, thriller?

What are the main character's jobs? How did the couple meet? Do they live in a large city ..."

Adult thriller/ psychological.
I couldn’t tell you how they met. I don’t remember that part. But I am fairly certain it takes place on the outskirts of London. He was a business man and she didn’t work... he insists she doesn’t work.

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 624 comments The pet dying could be Behind Closed Doors (b.a. Paris) - sorry omg phone and can’t do link

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Jensen | 3 comments Dee wrote: "The pet dying could be Behind Closed Doors (b.a. Paris) - sorry omg phone and can’t do link"

I actually was just looking at that one, moments before seeing this comment! I'm going to skim the first few pages (perks of working in a library!) and see if it sounds familiar, unfortunately though the synopsis doesn't ring any bells.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 20336 comments Behind Closed Doors for the link.