The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2020 > General Questions

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5021 comments Mod
Please post your general questions about the Fall 2020 Challenge here. Specific questions about individual tasks should be posted in the Help Threads for those tasks. You may find answers to some questions in Default Rules and FAQs.

message 2: by Aprilleigh (last edited Aug 31, 2020 04:28PM) (new)

Aprilleigh (aprilleighlauer) | 1215 comments What's up with task 25.1? I get that she opted not to create a task, but does this mean we just skip that task (no points) and the 25-point tasks start with 25.2? That's what makes the most sense to me, but I thought I'd check rather than assume.

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5021 comments Mod
Yes, see the Fall Challenge Mod Announcement.

message 4: by Aprilleigh (new)

Aprilleigh (aprilleighlauer) | 1215 comments SRC Moderator wrote: "Yes, see the Fall Challenge Mod Announcement."

Thanks

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim | 670 comments I have a question about the new posting requirement on shifting books. If I post a task and the task isn't approved because the book didn't meet the requirements do I have still have to create a separate post "unclaiming" the book before I a) use that book in a different task and/or b) repost the original task with a different book that meets the requirements.

Thank you.

message 6: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 18023 comments Mod
Kim wrote: "I have a question about the new posting requirement on shifting books. If I post a task and the task isn't approved because the book didn't meet the requirements do I have still have to create a se..."

If your post had a problem the task is not credited and you do not need to unclaim the task.
You may move a (qualifying) book to another task and repost with another book

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 1889 comments I asked this on October 9th in the thread for Task 20.8 but haven't seen an answer, so trying here also.

What is considered a "new to me" author? If I've heard about an author's books for years but have never read anything by him, would that be ok? Or does it need to be someone that I hadn't heard of until this season?

I didn't see anything in the Rules defining this. Apologies if I overlooked it.

message 8: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 18023 comments Mod
Julia wrote: "I asked this on October 9th in the thread for Task 20.8 but haven't seen an answer, so trying here also.

What is considered a "new to me" author? If I've heard about an author's books for years bu..."

"New-to-you" is an author you have not read before.

message 9: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 1889 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Julia wrote: "I asked this on October 9th in the thread for Task 20.8 but haven't seen an answer, so trying here also.

What is considered a "new to me" author? If I've heard about an author's book..."

Thanks for clarifying!