Serieses! > plz create series

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by N.J. (new)

N.J. Adel (nj_adel) | 30 comments Please create The Italians Series
the Italian Heartthrob The Italian Heartthrob
The Italian Marriage The Italian Marriage

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1698 comments To be a series on Goodreads, books need to have more than a common theme -- like characters in common, an overarching storyline, a shared universe, etc. What makes this a series?

message 3: by N.J. (new)

N.J. Adel (nj_adel) | 30 comments common themes are age gap, Italian heroes, cameos of characters, same setting, same dark themes

message 4: by N.J. (new)

N.J. Adel (nj_adel) | 30 comments and as you can see on amazon, each book is part of "The Italians" series.

message 5: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments N.J. wrote: "and as you can see on amazon, each book is part of "The Italians" series."

As previously mentioned, common themes do not constitute a series on Goodreads, nor does the existence of a series on Amazon.

Amazon is a retail sales site, and Goodreads is a book cataloging/records site.

However, if your books have characters in common or exist in the same world, such as a club or a family for example, then this does constitute a series.

If you can provide a description of the series that explains the connection, I can add this to the series description. Librarians who are not familiar with these works may ask the same questions when you need to add a work to the series, so an explanation may preclude that in the future.

message 6: by N.J. (new)

N.J. Adel (nj_adel) | 30 comments like I said, all heroes are Italian from the same city "Ponza". All stories happen in the same state "California." There are cameos of characters. Like in The Italian heartthrob the hero is an actor. In The Italian Marriage they watch a movie starring him.
In book 1 there's a mention of the mob (the one in book 2) the hero could have joined instead of going on his path in the story. Things like that. Cameos.
If that's not enough, no problem.

message 7: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments N.J. wrote: "like I said, all heroes are Italian from the same city "Ponza". All stories happen in the same state "California." There are cameos of characters. Like in The Italian heartthrob the hero is an acto..."

I just wanted to understand, and also to be able to prevent future questions. I'll make the series, and put a brief description.