Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > New / Not so new

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (last edited Aug 31, 2020 09:00AM) (new)

Scott Stevens | 11 comments I'm going to start being more active on here. I have several changes that need to be made to my current books (covers, details, etc) and need some help with moving forward to be more active. It's easier for me if there is one person I can deal with, so I guess I'm asking if anyone is interested in being my "go-to" person?

Thank you and have a great day!

Scott

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14722 comments This forum is public and searchable, so you will want to remove your email from this thread.
If you want to post the edits to be made, someone will help you with them.
Note that we do not delete covers; we make alternate cover editions and you can make those the default that show up.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott Stevens | 11 comments Thank you for the advice. My book Twister Town is the first one I need to work on. I need to change the publish date to July of 2017.

I also want to add the ASIN (B073ZGL6DR) but it's not letting me.

Also, the red font cover needs to be removed. I know what you said and what the rules are but I split from my publishing company and can no longer use that cover. If there's a way to keep it there where I won't get in trouble, I'm all for it though. Where could I put the new cover for upload?

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22115 comments Scott wrote: "Thank you for the advice. My book Twister Town is the first one I need to work on. I need to change the publish date to July of 2017.

I also want to add the ASIN (B073ZGL6DR) but it's not letting me..."

Because it's already here. I've created an alternate cover edition with the award emblems. Only librarians can create alternate cover editions.

Old covers cannot be deleted, full stop. I don't see how you could get in trouble when it's GR using the image.

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott Stevens | 11 comments ok thank you. Where can I make that the default?

message 6: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Scott wrote: "ok thank you. Where can I make that the default?"

https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/...

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott Stevens | 11 comments thank you very much! OK now I'm working on On the Run. I updated the isbn but need the new cover added please.

message 8: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Scott wrote: "thank you very much! OK now I'm working on On the Run. I updated the isbn but need the new cover added please."

When you say: updated the ISBN, did you add a new edition, or change an existing one?

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott Stevens | 11 comments I think I changed the existing one

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22115 comments Never ever change ISBNs. Add a new edition instead.

I don't see that you have done that though. A Kindle edition has been changed to a paperback for some reason. I've changed it back.

message 11: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22115 comments I have added new cover editions for both the Kindle and paperback.

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott Stevens | 11 comments Thank you. I'll go in and make it default. Does the new Twister Town cover take for both kindle and paperback as well? I'm sorry that I dont know more about this.

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott Stevens | 11 comments I think I've got everything the way it needs to be. Thank you to everyone who helped out. Greatly appreciated!

message 14: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22115 comments Scott wrote: "Thank you. I'll go in and make it default. Does the new Twister Town cover take for both kindle and paperback as well? I'm sorry that I dont know more about this."

Yes, I have put the new covers up for both formats. Looks like the new covers are on your profile, glad it worked out.