Ladies of Horror Fiction discussion

Bunny
This topic is about Bunny
LOHF Group Reads > September 2020 Readalong: Bunny by Mona Awad

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen (delphyne) | 89 comments Bunny by Mona Awad is the poll winner for the September readalong! We hope you will join in this month!

Please use % read and spoiler tags as needed. Thanks!!

Amanda (amandarock) | 13 comments I am thrilled to be re-reading BUNNY! Looking forward to discussing this book with you all!

message 3: by Robin (last edited Aug 31, 2020 07:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin (plannersandpaperbacks) | 2 comments I just read this in July and I'm so excited to see what everyone thinks of it! This was easily the weirdest books I've ever read!

The audiobook is great too if anyone is considering that route!

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 211 comments I just read this one, but am interested in the comments from others!!

Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* (owlbesatreading) | 11 comments I bought this one last week and I’ll be joining in 🙌🏻

message 6: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela (readinginhouston) | 4 comments I’m happy to read this one 🐰

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I already read it. I didn’t like it. But I hope y’all love it 😘

Jocelyn (jocelyn73c) | 4 comments I bought this when it came out and never got around to reading it...now I have an excellent excuse to move it to the top of my tbr! Can't wait to read with you all!

Haddie Warren (haddiesloan) | 3 comments I have this book already so thats awesome!

Lindsay (llbookrat) | 4 comments I loved Bunny so much! My favorite book of 2019 🖤

Eleanor Wheeler | 1 comments I just happened to have gotten this from my library....

message 12: by destiny ♡ (new) - added it

destiny ♡ howling libraries (howlinglibraries) | 47 comments I have the ebook on hold, so hopefully it comes in on time! It says it has 4 weeks left, but a lot of my holds have been available for download earlier than expected lately. 🤞🏼

Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* (owlbesatreading) | 11 comments I’ve just finished reading Boy Parts by Eliza Clark so I’m needing something a little ‘softer’ to clear my mashed up brain from the wonderful stench it left. Boy Parts Highly recommend if you enjoy pretty crazy shit! 😂 So yeah, I’ll be starting Bunny probably Friday this week as I’m reading a sappy English village story at the moment just to cleanse my soul. Looking forward to getting back with another batshit book though and Bunny sounds totally that!

Basma Elkholy (basmakhaled) | 1 comments started re-reading BUNNY today, really liked it the first time and hope you all love it 😍

Jessie Turk (twistedtalesstudio) | 1 comments Bunny has been on my radar for a while. What a perfect excuse to pick up a copy and give it a read :) Looking forward to it!

message 16: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Tantlinger (sarajane524) | 4 comments I just finished chapter 1 and LOL omg, what a way to start. I can't wait to see where this goes! I love the writing style so far.

Vanessa | 15 comments I ended up really loving this, and I might even give it a reread this month. I think I would have liked it more from the beginning if someone had told me it is intentionally funny, so I'm stopping in to say that it is definitely intentionally funny. Usually, I try to not read anything about books that I know I want to read, so I had no idea what I was getting into.

Alexandria Lisa: I have to do same thing when I have finished a pretty intense book. The last time I read a book that really twisted the screws in my brain I decided to read a lesbian romance novel (having never read a romance novel ever before in my life).

Alexandria Just finished Bunny! Wow! I chose to listen to it on audiobook so I could multitask, but I found myself going back a few times because “I clearly didn’t hear that right”. Nope, I heard it perfectly well. I loved all of the pop culture references from things I remember from when I was younger (my parents definitely didn’t shelter me).

message 20: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 304 comments i had no plans to read this one but dang! y'all make it hard to resist!

message 21: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jill | 1 comments I finished this book last night and had weird dreams about bonobos all night because of it!

message 22: by Mia (new) - added it

Mia (mia__reads) Just placed it on my 'too read'!

Emily (exorcismofemilyreed) | 43 comments Started my Bunny re-read this weekend & I love this book so much

message 24: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Kelly (corpsebride) | 23 comments I just finished this last night and I'm still processing this, Bunnys. I will share more when I make up my mind how I felt about it ;)

Vanessa (literarynessie) | 1 comments Jill wrote: "I finished this book last night and had weird dreams about bonobos all night because of it!"

LOL!

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 211 comments This book was literally "indescribable" for me, but I loved it!

Kasey Ashton (tattooedreader13) | 13 comments This was a favorite absolutely demented read last year, I hope y'all fall in love with the madness!

Sioux (siouxrowan) | 3 comments I already read this - and I loved it! It wasn't at all what I expected, but it came together really well.

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 505 comments This one was *really* difficult to review, lol. I hope you're all enjoying it.

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 211 comments Bark wrote: "This one was *really* difficult to review, lol. I hope you're all enjoying it."

I think my "review" was on the lines of "I don't know how to review this", but it was great!

Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* (owlbesatreading) | 11 comments Alexandria wrote: "Lisa: I have to do same thing when I have finished a pretty intense book. The last time I read a book that really twisted the screws in my brain I decided to read a lesbian romance novel (having ne..."

The last book I read was a lesbian romance circa 1989 (the brain cleanse approach!) and I have to say it was only a two star rated one. It was so dated and I was appalled at the homophobia in it. But then, little villages in the UK are full of narrow minded twats so poor decision on my part there really. Bunny now. 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻😆🐰

Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* (owlbesatreading) | 11 comments Ok 15% in (or thereabouts, I’ve bought the paperback and I’m on page 78 but I’ll abide by your % rule 😉) I’m not even sure what why where which and WTAF about it so far! Im thinking it’s going to go off on one at any point but who knows when or bloody why!! The characters are so original. SO. 😂😂😂

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 505 comments Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* wrote: "Ok 15% in (or thereabouts, I’ve bought the paperback and I’m on page 78 but I’ll abide by your % rule 😉) I’m not even sure what why where which and WTAF about it so far! Im thinking it’s going to g..."

That all sounds very accurate!

message 34: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Tantlinger (sarajane524) | 4 comments I just finished the book and I have SO many questions (but I loved it!!) -- I read that the rights were sold to AMC for possible TV-film adaptations and I really hope that happens -- would be amazing to see if anyone could possibly capture this craziness on film.

Haddie Warren (haddiesloan) | 3 comments 20% in. I’m in love with this book already! I recently read The Secret History by Donna Tartt (5 stars!), and this reminds me of it. I also have a bunny tattoo...😊

Tracy Robinson (tracy_reads79) | 77 comments Oh Bunny as a movie? So cool

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 505 comments Sara wrote: "I just finished the book and I have SO many questions (but I loved it!!) -- I read that the rights were sold to AMC for possible TV-film adaptations and I really hope that happens -- would be amazi..."

Ahhhh! This would be so incredibly amazing. I sure hope it happens!

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 211 comments Instant cult classic!

Jocelyn (jocelyn73c) | 4 comments Ooohhh Sara I hope you're right about the TV rights! I would LOVE to see this turned into a show, and AMC seems like a good home for it! I'm not very far in, but so far loving this book!

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 505 comments So who wants to take a stab at explaining this book to me?! 😹

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 211 comments Bark wrote: "So who wants to take a stab at explaining this book to me?! 😹"

I have NO IDEA what I read, but I loved it! LOL!

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 505 comments Kimberly wrote: "Bark wrote: "So who wants to take a stab at explaining this book to me?! 😹"

I have NO IDEA what I read, but I loved it! LOL!"

Haha, seems to be a common experience with this one!

PaulaSatánder (paulasatnder) | 27 comments (spoiler alert - not really any details here but just in case hehe)

I have just finished the book and I don't know, I feel a little bit disappointed.

I really enjoyed the beginning and the part of the book when Samantha is trying to figure everything out. This last part made me feel anxious with so many questions in the air and the way is written is awesome, I loved it. The denouement was disappointing for me though.

I felt also that the book was kind of repetitive in the middle and bored me a little :(

Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* (owlbesatreading) | 11 comments (view spoiler) I’m at part 2 now and I can honestly say I’ve not laughed this much at a book for a long time! It’s hilarious 😂 (view spoiler) anyway, enjoying it immensely, it’s a buzz!!

Haddie Warren (haddiesloan) | 3 comments ***SPOILERS**Finished this last night. Absolutely loved. Who wants to tLk about the ending? This is my first group discussion on GR so im not sure at what point we can openly discuss endings, so **SPOILERS** in the next few bits below...

what is the deal with Jonah and the mud comment in the end? Is he not real as well. I looked back throughout and there ate moments where he is acknowledged by others. Is Samantha just imagining him there at that moment?

PaulaSatánder (paulasatnder) | 27 comments ***spoilers****

I also felt confused about the mud. I think that maybe Jonah is real but Samantha's invitation isn't. So she just imagines that she is inviting him to her roof and she feels shy and lowers her gaze to the mud, and then imagines that he accepts the invitation. Hence, another unreal friendship begins but this time just in her mind (not creating a physical person from an animal)???

Erica Robyn Metcalf (ericarobyn) | 3 comments I finished this yesterday! I can't decide if I loved or hated it! LOL. I agree, it was indescribable and bizarre for sure!! :-D

I had a REALLY hard time with the characters... but about a quarter of the way in... I realized they all reminded me of one of my roommates from college... Yikes!

message 49: by Laurie (last edited Sep 21, 2020 10:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 505 comments To use spoilers < spoiler > type spoiler here < /spoiler > without the spaces.

Regarding the spoilers (view spoiler)

@Erica Ahhhhh! That would be a living nightmare!

Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* (owlbesatreading) | 11 comments I’m three quarters through guys! I just...um...it’s playing with with me. I’ve gone from this is weird. Then, this is REALLY effing weird. Then omg it’s hilarious but weird. Then eek, I’m getting a bit bored of the repetitive bits in the middle. Then yay Ava ❤️ And now I’m just whaaat again 😂 talk about rollercoaster! It’s like nothing I’ve read before ever. I like it 😌

« previous 1