Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Historical Fiction > Beyond Castle Frankenstein, short story FREE on Amazon (historical fiction about Mary Shelley)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula (new)

Paula Cappa | 104 comments This week is the anniversary, Aug. 30, of Mary Shelley's birth date. To celebrate this author's memory and her work, I am offering my short story Beyond Castle Frankenstein for FREE on Amazon and Smashwords. The story is historical fiction, biographical, a ghost story about Mary Shelley, 2400 words.

Customer Reviews:
"The writing is absolutely beautiful. The story itself is rather haunting. "

"A touch of antiquarianism (reminiscent of M.R. James), the involvement of real people and places (presented accurately), imaginative, atmospheric, and with just the right frisson of horror at the end. It is a well-conceived story well told, and a welcome addition to the world of supernatural fiction. "

Download the short story here: https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Castle-...

Beyond Castle Frankenstein, A Short Story by Paula Cappa

To read a tribute to Mary Shelley this week, stop by my ReadingFictionBlog for more about Mary Shelley, her life and writing.

https://paulacappa.wordpress.com/2020...

message 2: by Gail (new)

Gail Meath (goodreadscomgail_meath) | 280 comments Thanks, Paula. I never paid much attention to her...until I saw the movie. It was a bit weird, yet fascinating too.

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula Cappa | 104 comments Gail wrote: "Thanks, Paula. I never paid much attention to her...until I saw the movie. It was a bit weird, yet fascinating too."

Yes, Gail, Mary was a rebel for sure. I have to admire women who had the courage during such a time when the female gender was so repressed, especially in literature. The movie seemed true to what I've read in the biographies.

message 4: by Gail (new)

Gail Meath (goodreadscomgail_meath) | 280 comments Actually, strong and independent women like her inspired me to write my historical romance books. I did worry at the end that Mary's (ex) husband was going to take the credit for the book and... he didn't. That was the best.

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula Cappa | 104 comments Gail wrote: "Actually, strong and independent women like her inspired me to write my historical romance books. I did worry at the end that Mary's (ex) husband was going to take the credit for the book and... he..."

I saw your book Extraordinary Women of Courage. I have it on my Want to Read List. Looks like an excellent read!

message 6: by Gail (new)

Gail Meath (goodreadscomgail_meath) | 280 comments Thank you very much, Paula. My stories inspire me rather than the other way around (wish I had their guts sometimes:)

message 7: by Paula (new)

Paula Cappa | 104 comments Me too. Those suffragettes! I'm looking forward to reading your book.