What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Betsy
This topic is about The Betsy
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Historical Fiction, Family Saga, read in 1980's. A small boy's Grandfather modifies his pedal car with a reverse gear. Set in the early 1900's? The Grandfather has an affair with one of the servants. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (new)

Scott | 4 comments I read this in the 1980's. A book about a small boy whose Grandfather modifies his pedal car with a reverse gear.

I think it's set in the early 1900's. The Grandfather has an affair with one of the servants.

I think the story is about him growing up and taking over the family business building automobiles.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Respectfully, SWN

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19589 comments Is this adult fiction?

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 4 comments I believe so.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Sep 01, 2020 10:00AM) (new)

Kris | 35347 comments Mod
Scott, that's a good start. You must copy the genre (e.g., adult historical fiction, family saga?) and plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone could recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers. -- What's the location?

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Scott, that's a good start. You must copy the genre (e.g., adult historical fiction, family saga?) and plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone could recognize your b..."

Thanks Chris. Someone found the answer!!!! The Betsy

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott | 4 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "The Betsy?"

YES, YES, YES!!!!! That's it! Thank you so much!

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19589 comments Awesome, glad that was the right one!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Betsy (other topics)