What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Romance. Set along US coastline, poss California. Young woman has car trouble, meets man whose family own a big house/estate overlooking sea. More info in my comment.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juliette (last edited Aug 31, 2020 08:50AM) (new)

Juliette | 2 comments I read this in 2016 2018.

Young woman driving down highway (maybe PCH) turns off to a quiet beach resort when Her old car starts giving her issues so she parks at a beach type bar.

She lives in a small apartment above the bar while she waits for her car to be repaired and I think she may have worked in the bar too.

The owner of the bar has a friend with whom she starts a romance. He comes from a wealthy family, unlike the young woman.

There was a party in the large house belonging to his family overlooking the ocean. I think it may have been a costume party. Although he invited her, the man did not pick the young woman up or spend much time with her at the party which I think led to problems between them.

The young man who had an ex girlfriend who pursued him but I think she hooked up with the owner of the beach bar at the end of the book.

I really enjoyed this book which I think I read as an e book possibly with a green front page and would like to read more by this author.

The author’s name may have started with M, but I am not sure about that.

If you can help me find the book and/or the author I’d be very grateful.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39591 comments Mod
What's the genre? Contemporary - what? That needs to be in your topic header - along with a few other plot details.

message 3: by Twist (new)

Twist (twistedtnredhead) | 3 comments Was he a hermit? Pianist? I have read a book like that and will look for it.

message 4: by Juliette (new)

Juliette | 2 comments Twist wrote: "Was he a hermit? Pianist? I have read a book like that and will look for it."
No he wasn’t a hermit or a pianist, but your book sounds interesting too.
Thanks

message 5: by Twist (new)

Twist (twistedtnredhead) | 3 comments LOL, well that is good because I can't seem to find it anyway. I have over 2000 books listed. I probably missed it.

Hope you find yours.