Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2)
This topic is about Tempting Fate
Archive - Series Group Read > Tempting Fate (The MacGregors #2) - September 2020

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Sep 20, 2020 07:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5965 comments Mod
Attorney Caine MacGregor has never lost a case. His combative persona serves his clients well in the courtroom, and his persuasive arguments have won him many conquests in the bedroom. But in counselor Diana Blade, Caine has met his match. Her legal expertise would make her an excellent partner, and discovering her personal passions would make an enticing challenge. And as Caine deliberates with Diana about business and pleasure interests, he realizes he’s truly mediating for a chance at love.

Settings
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Boston, Massachusetts
Hyannis Port, Massachusetts

12 Chapters

Character List
(view spoiler)

Spoiler Info
(view spoiler)

Me, too!

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1259 comments I own this one and loved the first book, so I'm in too.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 331 comments I'm in too. I really loved the first book. Can't wait to read this one.

Leane | 50 comments I was excited to meet Justin's sister but I think the story in the first book was better.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 331 comments I enjoyed this book almost as much as the first one. I liked his sister and enjoyed the back and forth between her and Caine.

I’m starting this one now.

message 9: by Anita (last edited Sep 19, 2020 01:15PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1259 comments I forgot my special charging cord for my Kindle and can't access this book on my phone. I'll have to wait till the end of the week.

When I say special - this cord is the only one my Kindle will charge with., I've tried. No other cord will do. I really need a new Kindle.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 331 comments I gave up on my Kindle and switched to the IPad. Amazon doesn't let you put other company's apps on it. I love my IPad.

Anita, do you have an iPhone or iPad? Download the kindle app and you can access your library.

I don’t have android but I think you can use the kindle app on it, too.

message 12: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 455 comments Anita, if you're looking for a new Kindle Fire Tablet, QVC has them on sale right now (Item #E234326) for $59.96. Sounds like a good deal. I checked Amazon and see the same tablet is currently $89.

Leane wrote: "I was excited to meet Justin's sister but I think the story in the first book was better."

I thought it had a really strong start but weakened by the second half.

message 14: by Anita (last edited Sep 21, 2020 03:34PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1259 comments My sister in law is sending me a new Kindle. Her son works for Amazon and he sent her one for me. I do have the Kindle app and am using my phone for now. It needs to be replaced too. The battery only lasts about four hours when reading on it. We are going home tomorrow and I'll get everything sorted out then. We have been doing a lot of family things, hiking, sightseeing and eating in wonderful places.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1259 comments Are we going to discuss this book? I'll start. Bad, just bad. Diana was so wrapped up in her experience she couldn't relate to anyone else. I get it, she lost her whole family at the age of six and lived with a witch of an aunt. Still, she could have grown up in foster care instead of the lap of luxury.

I really, really didn’t like her. Agree with you, Anita. I thought it was just me.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1259 comments Maybe, at this point in her career, Nora hadn't figured out how to take he unlikable character and make her likable. I would have liked more interaction between Diana and Justin.

Back during this time, the writers had to follow a formula. You may be on to something about her not having mastered how to transition a character. She made Diana too shrill and inflexible who just came across as mean.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1259 comments Since this was a Silhouette imprint from 1985 that limited the length and it also impacted the amount of character development that could take place. Still, I've read many of these shorter books that were just wonderful. This one definitely missed the mark in a lot of areas.